The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

2 favourites
  • I think it's my turn now. My name is sergei,from russia.(that was rather obvious ).i started playing games from dendy>Sega>sony ps>dreamcast and now pc.well,action Rpg is "my choice".and when i get tired from it,i play some shoot'em up game. I often thought-that game is good,but not enough.if only i could...well,you know what happens next.after some tries,i understood that programming is rather hard,and takes some time to master.so i went through internet,spent some time searching,untill i found construct. The main "plus" of it is that friendly community.i am rather inactive on forum,because all my questions are already answered,so i just need time to find,and-here it is!no problems! By the way:i'not a programmer.not a painter.i can't write a song,Or make some music.but i am rather good in scenario writing.from easy and small-good vs bad fight,to rather complicated stuff,that takes time but is rather nice in the end.like,i helped with scenario for some comics and a couple subquests for some games.now i'm trying to make a shooter in 2d,with a medium scenario and maybe even not linear after all.i just love games with more than 1 ending,so my game will have 2 or more of them.that's it.

• Hi,

I don't know if you'll see me a lot, but I think it's better to introduce myself. My name's Julien, and I'm french, sorry. I understand quite well english, but when it's to me te speak, it's quite difficult

So I read a lot, but I don't think to post a lot.

IRL I live in Lille (north of the France), I'm 24 and I'm actually working on a french mmorpg as QA. I like Game Designing so I learn Construct to test my ideas. Make it concrete is a challenge, it's not really good actually, but I'll learn !

I apologize for my very bad english . If some speaking french guys want to help the noob, DON'T HESITATE ^^' (is somewhere a french community for construct, forums, blogs and tutorials ?).

• [quote:35j0nwej]hey im Kevin, but ppl know me as Quazi around here and a few other places.

ive been playing games ever since i can remember, I started on the SNES, playing way too many Mario games, and lots of mortal kombat 3 (as a 4 year old lol).

i think i first started making games around the age of 6-7, using power point. me and my bro had made a maze game, where you need to select the right door out of 3 to progress over and over again. then for a few years i perfected game making on powerpoint, and i was able to implement AI and action sequences using nothing but hyper links and automatic slide advancing.

i later found KnP, made a few mario clones, and moved onto TGF.

i completed 2 games on that over like 3 years, found a hacked version of mmf2, it was meh, and then found construct about 2 months later.

ever since then ive been using it and never looked back.

Replace Kevin with David, and Quazi with Davioware. We share the exact same childhood, as we were doing most of these things together all the time. I'm 18 btw.

• What's up? I'm new around here, I recently (literally a couple hours ago) downloaded Construct, and I gotta say, it's a lot better than Game Maker in my opinion. Of course, when you try to learn software at 2 in the morning, your mind might be a little off, so

But anyways, I love the interface. I just finished the first tutorial, the one alien shooter. I know I'll have some problems with events and stuff, but that'll be on my part, not Construct's. Everything is so fluid when you hit Run All, it's all so smooth, it's awesome. I just wanna say this is a great tool for creating games, and hell Scirra Forums, I'll be around here often now!

• Oh well I might post here too.

My name is Eerik. Im from Finland. 18 years old.

I started gaming when I was ~4-5 years old and got computer with dos. It was nice to play duke nukem and stuff with it.

After year or so I got another computer with Windows 95 and could play bomberman and some classic games too. After that I got PS1 and skipped entire snes/nes/sega scene. But enough of that.

I started to making games with The Games Factory ~5 years ago and soon moved to Multimedia Fusion and Multimedia Fusion 2. Never made anything great or impressing becous I dont draw any graphics becous I suck at drawing and used build in movements.

When I found Construct I was impressed it was so much better to compared to MMF2. It had Directx support, good community and it was free. I started to compare Construct and MMF2 Devoloper edition becous tought maybe getting it but then 300� for MMF2 dev was just too much when you get Construct free.

But yeah, you can find some of my old games on my homepage. I might upload more of them sometime.

And now Im making Retard-Ed Driving. Just need to wait for more graphics from friend.

And thats about it. Nothing more to say.

• Hey everyone!

I've been waiting for this thread to pop up!

I'm just an aspiring indie game designer/developer, I'm from Colombia, so that's why my english can look weird sometimes.

I Love retro stuff, 8-Bit and such. My current game is a Zombie survival adventure with lowfi graphics (just because you have to love blocky pixels)

Here's a mockup:

(click for the full image)

Also, THANK YOU Construct devs, you're developing an awesome tool

• those graphics seem fair awesome.

• Hello my name is Gabe and I am not so good with computers.

I am training to be an animator (for movies) but I enjoy making games in my free time, even if I am not very good at it. My brother and dad are both programmers, but I just can't get the hang of code because I am bad with numbers! I grew up with click n' play and mmf, though so I am able to use those. I read that my favorite MMF developer Konjak, had switched to using Construct, and so I decided to check it out. The skeleton movement in particular appealed to me because it would make making bosses a lot easier.

I am still learning Construct and havin some problems but I'm doin my best.

• Hello my name is Gabe and I am not so good with computers.

I am training to be an animator (for movies) but I enjoy making games in my free time, even if I am not very good at it. My brother and dad are both programmers, but I just can't get the hang of code because I am bad with numbers! I grew up with click n' play and mmf, though so I am able to use those. I read that my favorite MMF developer Konjak, had switched to using Construct, and so I decided to check it out. The skeleton movement in particular appealed to me because it would make making bosses a lot easier.

I am still learning Construct and havin some problems but I'm doin my best.

Welcome to the boards

Sing out if you need any help, that's what we are here for!

~Sol

• Hello, My name is Mario. I am 15 years old and I'm from a small country named lebanon. I am a CG artist, with a passion for games. I have litterally tried more than a hundred game engine, and I have to say, in 2d category, Construct is the absolute winner. I have been lurking in the forums for quite a while, and have already learned the greatness of dropbox from slodjahboy

• Hey, I'd like to say "I've been here for a long time and need no introduction" but I'm too much an honest person for that.

My name's Tristan, I'm 18 as of June 4th and that happens to be legal drinking age here in Australia so I'm just sobering up enough to relearn Construct!

I have to say that you guys on the dev team have done some damn good work since I've been gone - sprite distortion and pseudo-3D stuff, the physics are a lot more stable (physics-stable) than they were last time I used them (just after the first upgrade, although I haven't REALLY used Construct in over a year), Families now work for me (hell yes no more groups of 24 triggers for every single object) and I'm sure a lot of stuff to boot!

So last night I redownloaded, sat down, toyed about a bit, did what I always do (how quickly can you create nine different objects with physics behaviours set up? I bet I'm faster! I have a lot of practice at that) and found that now Families work it's much easier. Not to mention I've learned Torquescript to a decent extent now so I understand the general principles of things much better.

Well I have to say it's good to be back. I'm sure I'll be able to pump out some fairly fun things over the next few days, and I'm currently experimenting with custom UI so that will be useful (Thanks, deadeye - that tutorial helped a hell of a lot.)

And I still rant and make longwinded semi-useless posts! Some people never change.

• Hey guys, I didn't even realise that I completely skipped over the introductions thread before I'd made my first posts here. So;

Howdy all. My name is Dylan, I"m currently 25, and it seems I'm yet another aussie Construct user (I've noticed there are quite a few of us about here), and glad to be here.

I can't remember with 100% surety exactly where I first discovered Construct, but I do believe it was over on the TIGSource forums. Programming and the like is far from my strong spot, and I spent quite a lot of time over on those forums checking out all the different programs people were using to create games, and checking them all out to see if I could get my head around them. Construct happened to pop up in a thread, and I checked it out, and I was able to come out with something, compared to my usual "bah I can't work this out bugger it!" routine.

I say, you guys have certainly found the right formula for making Construct a strong games creation tool; it's simple enough to just dive straight in, and you are rewarded for your effort very quickly.

I've lurked on the forums for a while now, and have only recently signed myself up, and am glad I have. I've already learned so much from the many tutorials and examples scattered throughout these forums, and I hope one day someone can come across my works and learn from me.

Can't really think of anything else, so I'll leave it at that.

• Welcome to all noo.. new commerce

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • My name's Thomas, i'm working as a cinematic artist over at Blizzard Entertaiment, but got interested in indie games about a year ago. And now I use Construct to create my own 2d game named 'Sein'.

I like chocolate. And sundaes.

• My name's Thomas, i'm working as a cinematic artist over at Blizzard Entertaiment, but got interested in indie games about a year ago. And now I use Construct to create my own 2d game named 'Sein'.

I like chocolate. And sundaes.

Wohoho. Have i seen your work?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 3 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 3 guests)