Stuck when want to make the AI in Turn-Based Strat

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
A well commented RPG game template to learn from or use as a base for your own game!
  • Hai everyone, i already can make the movement grid via pathfinding and avoid obstacles for the player. Right now, i want to make the AI move itself based on the how many movement grid and the action point (just like the player does). But, i don't know how to do it.. Right now, i just able to make the character move to the position (but it is not follow the pathfinding, this character suppose to be the AI).. I am stack at this and try to solve this problem, but couldn't. Could you guys help me out? Thanks.

Here is the code that i mention in the above (can make the character which is suppose to be AI to move to the position, but it not follow the pathfinding):

EDIT: The problem that i couldn't figure it out is to make the AI act as player does. When you see the video that i uploaded in the youtube (link to that has been given on the question below), you will see on the first and second turn, i control the player to move and there is a GUI on left side of the screen (move, attack, magicattack and endturn), when the player's turn ends, AI's turn will active (if you see, there is no GUI and the AI move itself to point destination as described in the code below, but it is not following the pathfinding). My question is: how do i solve this? Thank you very much

Collapse | Copy Code

using UnityEngine;

using System.Collections;

public class AIPlayer : Player

{

void Awake()

{

moveDestination = transform.position;

}

// Use this for initialization

void Start()

{

ColorChanger();

}

// Update is called once per frame

void Update()

{

}

public override void TurnUpdate()

{

if (GameManager.instance.currentPlayerIndex == 5)

{

if (Vector3.Distance(moveDestination, transform.position) > 0.1f)

{

transform.position += (moveDestination - transform.position).normalized * moveSpeed * Time.deltaTime;

if (Vector3.Distance(moveDestination, transform.position) <= 0.1f)

{

transform.position = moveDestination;

actionPoints--;

}

}

else

{

moveDestination = new Vector3(2 - Mathf.Floor(GameManager.instance.mapSize / 2), 1.5f, -2 + Mathf.Floor(GameManager.instance.mapSize / 2));

GameManager.instance.NextTurn();

}

}

base.TurnUpdate();

}

public override void TurnOnGUI()

{

}

public override void ColorChanger()

{

base.ColorChanger();

}

}

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Why are you asking on the construct forum how to use unity? You should ask on their forums instead. They'll be able to help you much better.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)