Steam purchase tag?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Vintage steam pixels for your UI! 125 unique assets in a single pack!
  • Hi,

I have tried searching for this but had no luck. A pretty pointless question but I'd still like to know.

If I buy C2 from steam, is there a way of linking it to my forum account so I get one of those nice icons on my avatar saying I'm a legit buyer?

• email support, I'm sure they could accomodate. But, please don't buy steam version, you will regret it, even if they offer a 50% discount, steam isn't worth it in my opinion.

Why?

So many reasons, just do a search in the forums about steam vs scirra standalone

• I'm with Dutoit.

Obviously your decision, but IMO Steam sucks large :/

• Oh.. that's worrying

The thing is, money is rather tight and I have £40 steam credit after getting a refund and that's half the cost..

Mmhmm I don't know what to do now.

Would it be possible for me to buy the steam version and then get a key for the standalone one?

• Not something anybody but scirra can answer... email them.

I brought steam license... and had so much trouble

I then upgraded to a business license here to get away from steam (Yes, it sucks large :/)

• Having done some research it seems you cannot get a standalone key if you buy on Steam. so I guess I should take everyones advice and not buy on Steam. shame really as I have £40 on there but I guess I'll just have to wait the 3-4 weeks to save up and buy from this site.

Thanks again

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Oh man, thanks for the Steam is shit advice!

• With games you can usually right click on them and choose to see the associated serial key. Maybe that'd work for C2 as well?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)