So now I'm confused...(publishing prices)

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
  • Ok, so at first I figured: K, I got Construct 2, now I make a game, use CocoonJS to port it and put ads in, buy the apple license, put it on the app store, then wait and hope people like it any I make some money.

But as I started developing my game and got more into it(reading more posts, googleing, etc.) I found out some things. I have to olso pay 500$(or something like that) to CocoonJS, do my ads make income simply when they are displayed or only when someone clicks on an ad, Ludei olso takes a percentage of my ad income, 500$ for IAP(whatever that is)...?

K, so here's the bottom line I'm barely getting by trying to scrape enough money togheter to buy the apple license(100$), the minimum wage in my country is around 250$ per month so my final question is:

Is there any way to just make my game, put it on the app store and then(of course assuming people like it) make some money of it without having to pay anything else except for the apple license? If there is then would you kindly describe the plan step by step? If there isn't then how the #### is someone supposed to get started in this bis without having a ton of cash to begin with...?

Thank you.

• Some people will say that in order to make any real money you need to publish to the ios store.

Others would say just try as many markets as you can.

I would say, might want to buy a Scirra license first.

• Well, first I've decided to put in on the ios store since that is the biggest. Then, depending on the response and income it gets there, maybe I'll be able to afford other places too. Thats why I'm asking all those things, because I can afford(barely) to start only in one place, and I've chosen apples app store.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You will need at least a construct 2 personal license if you plan on doing commecrial activity. (selling products)

Construct 2 personal license: ~132 $ / one time

google play store: license 25 $ / one time

IOS app store, license 99$ / year

Ludei commercial support:   free (at least when I signed up for that)

:)

• Ok, thank you very much!:)

What about ads, do they generate money from views, clicks, or both?

Olso I see a post "Construct 2 + CocoonJS + MoPub + AdMob", are mopub and admob the best, do I have any alternatives, how does that work?

• Generating revenue from banners isnt that great though, but it works.

You will need an admob account in combination with mobup.

In your mobup account you insert settings relating to IDs from admob and your games ID.

Also, in mobup you can add other ID credentials from other banner suppliers. (for example, lifestreet media)

You can see mobup as your banners references manager, in which you need to supply IDs to account from companies providing banners where you signed up for.

Sign up to mobup, and check the networks sections, there you can see a large list of potential banner suppliers for which you can sign up.

There are lots of other banner choices.

But the cocoonjs/mobup/admob is by far best documented with relative ease of implementation .....

• Ok, thank you very much. Guess I'll have to do more research twoards the end of the game to find out which is better in terms of income, free game with ads, or 99 cent game.

• So...

Construct 2 personal license: ~132 $ / one time this is to start selling the game.

google play store: license 25 $ / one time this is to publish?

IOS app store, license 99$ / year what is this for, to locate the game?

Ludei commercial support: free (at least when I signed up for that) what is this used for?

• [quote:3tky8dub] ... and put ads in.

That, right there, will keep me from buying your game and I'll inform my friends as well. Why? No offense to your personally, but I don't buy games to be assailed with ads. I buy them to enjoy the game. I see more than enough ads on a daily basis just surfing the web.

Your game should stand on it's own IMHO. If it's good, then people will buy it and you'll see a profit. If it's not, then you can learn from the experience and improve your game, or your coding. The irony is this: if your game isn't selling well anyway, no amount of ads will generate any appreciable money for you. Ads sell on quantity.

Cheers.

• So...

Construct 2 personal license: ~132 $ / one time this is to start selling the game.

google play store: license 25 $ / one time this is to publish?

IOS app store, license 99$ / year what is this for, to locate the game?

Ludei commercial support: free (at least when I signed up for that) what is this used for?

Yes katzin, both the google play store and the ios store licenses are so you can publish your game on those store.

Ludei support is for cocoonjs which is a mobile deployment platform. Basically once you have your game all finished up, you send it to them and they compile it so you can then publish it on those(and other) stores/platforms.

• wow that was like 2 weeks ago, i feel now with all this time i have really more knowledge of this stuff.

Thanks Vikings.

• Your welcome mate, sorry it took me so long to respond, I kinda got wrapped in my own stuff and forgot about the forums for a while.

Good luck on your road to acquiring more and more knowledge, maybe later on you can teach me too.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)