Shooters: Shoot upwards or twin-stick?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a twin stick shooter similar to Enter the gungeon,Nuclear Throne, Helldivers & Soul knight for the mobile device
  • What are your feelings on shooters?

Which ones do you enjoy the most? Shooting upwards, carefully avoiding enemy fire and judging when to use which firing mode? or moving about wildly while aiming with your SECOND GAMEPAD STICK?

Could you say WHY you enjoy that style? (gets you pumped, relaxes you, lets you focus, etc)

Thanks

• I usually prefer shooting upward since it means I don't have to worry about where I'm shooting AND where I am. Then again, haven't experienced too much of the other. So who knows really,

• What second gamepad stick?

• Vertical shooters all the way.

• What shooters use dual-joysticks?

My favorite is probably DoDonPachi... so I vote "verticals".

• The most popular dual stick shooter out there right now is probably "geometry wars"... there was also the game "smash tv" which might have been the first to use it... I love dual stick shooters but to play them on a computer you would probably need a controller (which I have luckily)...

• voted for vertical shooters. I dont't think that dual stick controlled ones are less interesting to play. For me it's just a matter of comfort: I've got used to vertical shm'ups

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The most popular dual stick shooter out there right now is probably "geometry wars"... there was also the game "smash tv" which might have been the first to use it... I love dual stick shooters but to play them on a computer you would probably need a controller (which I have luckily)...

I think the ghost shooter tutorial is basically a dual stick

seems to work fine with mouse/keyboard as well

• It really depends on what type of shooter you're aiming for. Bullet Hell? Shoot upwards, because you need to focus more on dodging bullets than actually firing. Something like Geometry Wars, of course, is more suited to multi-directional fire.

• I don't think I'll aim for bullet hell, I want non-asian to be able to play it too

I can't even beat the first stage of most bullet hell games and I just die and die and die and die. No fun.

My inspiration so far is Raptor (a PC classic), Raiden and Xevious. The classics, not the sequels. However, I've played Kenta Cho's twin stick games and some Geometry Wars clones (I don't have an XBox) and I really enjoyed them.

Thus the dilemma

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)