Search a Python programmer for a 2D Roling player game

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • Hello, I'm french and i've started a project on construct two weeks ago. i don't really understand the tutoriel for Multiplayer game with Podsixnet because i don't understand very well the english language and i have no time to spend for this, having the rpg game solo to make !

So i search somebody who should want to help me to make my game multiplayer and of course who know the python language because its Only by this way that the multiplayer mod is possible.

My project is a MMORPG ( rpg only for the moment) based on a fantastic medieval univers immagined by me. Very similar, in the spirit, to the lord of the ring. Your caracter will be very free, most of actions will be possibles as the wow systeme emote. The caracters are the wow caracters. But exept the caracter, all the graphic will be paint by me.

I hope that my english is not too useless !

• I don't want to discourage you from making your game, because I think it is possible although very difficult. However, you really do need to understand the "online multiplayer Podsixnet" tutorial if you are going to have any chance to use Python for your game. There are a lot of things that you will need to do with your single player game to make it possible for multiplayer to happen. You can't just ask somebody to turn your single player game into an online game. It would be a complete rewrite. The game needs to be written from the ground up to support both...

• You could try using a translation program like Google Translate on the tutorial so you can understand it better.

• An MMO is pretty infeasible. Not just because of Construct's limitations, but because it is an enormous amount of work for one person.

• yes but it is precisely because the RPG just wonder a lot of work I am trying to assemble a team with someone who would know something about Python to share the tasks. I know the multiplayer is far from being something easy to make, but seeing the template available (I can not seem to do besides walk to connect) I thought that it might be possible to connect two players each controlling an object as the basic idea. As in the multiplayer pong, except that instead of having the bars were the characters.

It would be possible to connect two players each with an object under its control and without it being very difficult with construct ?

• Look at it this way, not only do you have to get the two computers to connect, an undertaking in itself, you have to figure a way to deal with any lag there may be in between them.

In other words if there was some lag the other player may not get the information that the ball was hit for several milliseconds... a lifetimes wait in terms of collision detection.

• I thought that it might be possible to connect two players each controlling an object as the basic idea. As in the multiplayer pong, except that instead of having the bars were the characters.

This is already possible.. see the "Dungeon Escape" game in the tutorial.

It would be possible to connect two players each with an object under its control and without it being very difficult with construct ?

Yes it is possible, but the implementation is currently difficult in Construct. As Newt mentioned dealing with lag is a tough problem with multiplayer and even a bigger issue with an MMO. Right now you have to manually handle lag in the game. <----------- Alot of work!

You also have to deal with synchronizing all of the game elements. For example, have you ever shot somebody in an online shooter to find they are still alive? That is because to your computer (simulation) they were in range, but to the server they had already moved... or the other guy is cheating.

If you aren't careful all of the power of Construct will be lost because the built in behaviors, etc can't be used. The above is why it is important for you to understand the tutorial to know how much work will be involved. If you still decide to press ahead I'd be willing to offer advice, but I'm just too busy to be a member of a team.

• merci de votre r�ponse mais je pense que je vais finalement faire un jeu solo, car je n'ai pas le temps de tout assimiler.

• Pourquoi tu ne commencerais pas par un jeu de type casse brique? En quel classe tu es?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Please stick to english on the forums, thanks.

• Sorry, i speak just one time french whith him, its more easy

Je suis en �tude sup�rieur d'informatique, et j'avance bien dans ce projet de RPG tu peux voir mon projet ici en Vid�o : http://www.siteduzero.com/forum-83-5900 ... e-rpg.html

I'm on top of computer study, and walk well in the draft RPG you can see my project here in Video: http://www.siteduzero.com/forum-83-590000-p1-jeu-video- 2d-tulanilwe-rpg.html

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)