Sad people?

0 favourites
  • Demo's and Examples does not show an apps true potential.

Um, yes it does?

• [quote:3icqcu4p]Um, yes it does?

How did you come to that conclusion?.A demo only shows about 10% of what an app can do.Create a full game with all the bells and whistles then you can say that particular app is the best.

• This has been a bit of a problem I've noticed about the net occasionally. In the discussions about game creation tools, when construct users try to tell people construct is better it sometimes bothers people. Sometimes the users of the other programs end up feeling insulted, like we're elitist and 'bashing' on the programs they currently use and love, even when only discussing facts and refraining from insults. It too often seems to upset someone and judging from some responses on other forums, sounds like can sometimes drive people away. So let's please remain respectful of others, their communities and programs.

Perhaps if we used alternative phrasing, such as instead of "construct is better than other program because," perhaps leaving the other program out of it and using "construct is great because" would work better?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • An Indie Gamer should not have to worry about what app he is using to create games.

an indie developer should have to worry about what app he is using to create games. if there is a tool that is more powerful, or easier to use, or has the features he needs, it matters. even when not using a tool, you should think about what language and apis you should use, and whether to use a 3rd party engine. Maybe someone was arguing for Construct in the wrong area of a forum, or rudely, or whatever, but discussing the merits of a game creation tool is hardly irrelevant to a indie dev community. Also, personally if I was stuck on gamemaker at the moment, and somebody posted in the gamemaker forums how awesome construct was, and I checked it out, maybe even initially just to prove them wrong, I'd probably be very grateful.

• [quote:206kgcmk]an indie developer should have to worry about what app he is using to create games.

I meant should not have to worry about being ridiculed for using a particular app sorry.

• [quote:3avslg7t]Um, yes it does?

How did you come to that conclusion?.A demo only shows about 10% of what an app can do.Create a full game with all the bells and whistles then you can say that particular app is the best.

But a large number of them show 100% of what an app can do in a quick and readable format on top of that. A small complicated game can show just how much better a program is.

not to gloat, but i doubt multimedia fusion, or game maker free edition could make any game coming close to Thumbs, and running a game of its computational and graphical complexity without a hitch. game maker doesn't even have useful event engine, it has a clunky pseudo script your practically forced to use. were not here to bash, and if i see a great gamemaker or mmf2 or even klick and play game, i wont ever hate on it. hydorah and spelunky are great, noitu love 2 is great etc. imagine what those developers could of done with construct. the iconoclasts shows exactly that with konjak. the tool really matters to the DEVELOPER, not at how people perceive the finished product. I don't see why someone using game making tools, wouldn't want to see how much better in so many respects a FREE program is compared to their pay-2-use, and ontop of that a free program which grants them 100% ownership over the finished product.

when i first saw construct i honestly thought it was a scam that would give me a virus, because it looked too good to be true. i'd been using software from powerpoint to click team products and game maker up to that point. Anyways, i don't even want to argue with the biggest troll on this forum, you never make any valid points. peace on you.

• [quote:30b19kaw]Anyways, i don't even want to argue with the biggest troll on this forum, you never make any valid points. peace on you.

Oh so now im the biggest troll!!!.Listen , If any other app only had to rely on demo's then they would never get anywhere now would they.A demo only shows a small part of what the application can do.The only troll here is you.When someone differs from you then you always seem to go for the troll word don't you.The moment i say something that you don't agree with you call me a troll.

I have seen this bad behavior towards me from lots of people around here and it's got to stop.

I can see now why so many people actually leave Construct and goes to the Competition.And you might think yeah go already ,But what you don't know is that it's bad for business by doing this.

New potential members are reading these type off insults and thats why they will never join up With Construct , which is very sad indeed.

• Can we keep the personal attacks out of these threads please, I'm all for debate and open discussion but there is no need for name calling

• not to gloat, but i doubt multimedia fusion, or game maker free edition could make any game coming close to Thumbs, and running a game of its computational and graphical complexity without a hitch.

Constructs 3d options are quite good but i find they are more to display objects rather than make 3d games. As your Thumbs game is 3d style i would say you are wrong about that comment though, MMF2 and Game Maker actually have better 3d options than construct.

MMF2 has a collection of OpenGL objects which allow you to make simple 3d games. For coders it also lets you code OpenGL with Lua however so technically the games could be similar to the results of unity or another 3d game engine if someone knows Lua code well enough.

GM has also got 3d options which are quite good and it recently had a major update to it's 3d engine making it much faster -

http://glog.yoyogames.com/?p=3265

So Construct would be last in my opinion if you were to compare them for 3d however that should not even be part of the discussion because these tools mainly are for 2d games. For 3d people should probably just use something like Unity instead though.

• key word is "free edition" in my post, if im right game maker's free edition doesn't have any of the 3d stuff. MMf2's 3d options are there, but when i used them they were extremely laggy and buggy, maybe its changed since they got hardware acceleration.

kay thanks for the post DravenX. Sorry tom.

first time i ever used the word troll against someone on the forum. do i have to remind you of what you did on your first account? something to do with insulting everyone in a different language and spamming the forums to start flame wars? nah sorry.

What i meant with the 3D was to compare what can be done with code alone. I didn't say it was the best option, because unity is obviously there, its not even an argument. what i am saying is, since thumbs is created entirely with sprite objects and events (its pre-3dobject plugin, and has no "3d box"s), it shows just how far you can go with the basic object included with construct, and how fast the code can still execute, you can literally program anything if you put your mind to it, and it's a lot simpler imo in construct than anywhere else, while still being the fastest. Construct has the fastest engine of any program, and the strongest event editor as well is what it shows. Dravenx makes it seem like theres no construct games or projects out that show this when theres quite a few.

• [quote:v688smdc]insulting everyone in a different language

Um that was vdrake75.I cannot be held responsible for his actions.Two people yes that's right two people can actually work on one pc.

• Even if vdrake75/Dravenx are the same person, which there's no definitive proof of mind you, it's been a while since then, and he hasn't acted up in a while. A long while at this point. So again, if they are the same person, he's obviously learned not to behave like that anymore. If he's not, then the ire isn't even being directed at the right person.

Holding grudges and dredging up the past in this way doesn't get anyone anywhere, and certainly doesn't improve things or help the tone of the forum. So if anyone believes they are the same person, can we at least forgive and move on?

• This topic has had it's run. What can be said about the subject has been said a hundred times in similar threads, and they've all devolved into the same sorts of arguments.

For a thread in which the topic is about driving potential members away to exhibit the sort of behavior which drives potential member away is rather ridiculous. I hope you can all see the irony in this.

Closing the thread...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)