Pixel Art Course

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
120 Epic Fire FX Animations + 2 Bonus Characters. Contains 3000+ frames and a lot of Pixel Art Sprites
  • Hello Everyone.

I would like to share this amazing course, where, by just $10 dollars, you will learn the basics of how to draw your own pixel arts!

cgcookie.com/concept/cgc-series/pixel-course

I'm not earning anything by sharing this link, it's just for the feel of help anyone else =]

• If I had the extra cash on hand to do that, I surely would! Pixel art is probably my favorite digital art form, and it's one I (sadly) know very little about...

Scratch that-I don't know anything about ANY art, rightly... Oh, sure, I took some courses in High School, and I can do JUST this side of better'n stick figures-but an ARTIST I am not.

WORKING on it, though. I'd love to be able to do amazing Pixel Art, and art for some old school top-down RPG/Adventure Games like Final Fantasy, Golden Sun, and Legend of Zelda!

I will be bookmarking this, and if/when I have the money, I'll come back to it!

• Nice link, Telles0808! The guy has a very clear presentation style, and he clearly knows what he's doing.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If I had the extra cash on hand to do that, I surely would! Pixel art is probably my favorite digital art form, and it's one I (sadly) know very little about...

Scratch that-I don't know anything about ANY art, rightly... Oh, sure, I took some courses in High School, and I can do JUST this side of better'n stick figures-but an ARTIST I am not.

WORKING on it, though. I'd love to be able to do amazing Pixel Art, and art for some old school top-down RPG/Adventure Games like Final Fantasy, Golden Sun, and Legend of Zelda!

I will be bookmarking this, and if/when I have the money, I'll come back to it!

I was planning on creating some pixel art tutorials around 4 or so months ago before my computer broke down on me, I might continue with it once I get a little further along the wya with my current project but what I wanted to say was, everything he presents in this tutorial you can learn for free, you won't get all of the resources he provides or the still sprite brush he uses but that isn't needed really.

Have a little look on Deviant Art by typing in Pixel Art tutorial, they won't be video tuts but they will have the exact same information and or more.

That being said I think that anyone who has trouble learning from text would greatly benefit from that tutorial series...

When I finally get around to creating my tutorials I will have to make sure I don't duplicate too much information as to what is already out there.

• There are plenty of resources for learning how to do pixel art, however people may learn differently and sometimes a structured course with a teacher is the best method for them.

Since this topic came up I had to look way into the past to find some of the forgotten bookmarks I had years ago.

So you want to be a pixel artist?

While I was looking for it I also found a short and sweet guide here

Introduction to Pixelart ?

It's a good tutorial with some much needed basics. Here's some other resources worth checking out:

Pixel art tutorial on OpenGameArt.org

PixelJoint's list of onsite and offsite tutorials.

Edit: Figured I'd plug it here. While Photoshop/GIMP are useful for more modern sprite creation (Which the course covers and a lot of tutorials don't), I occasionally use two other useful programs:

ASEprite <- Image editing program designed for sprites and animating sprites.

Pyxel Edit <- Tile editing program that exports tilemaps as psuedo-CSV or XML and the tileset as PNG. <font size="2">Save format can be opened with ZIP/RAR to extract individual tile images. Animation is planned and he hopes to start updating again this summer.</font>

• There are plenty of resources for learning how to do pixel art, however people may learn differently and sometimes a structured course with a teacher is the best method for them.

Since this topic came up I had to look way into the past to find some of the forgotten bookmarks I had years ago.

So you want to be a pixel artist?

While I was looking for it I also found a short and sweet guide here

Introduction to Pixelart ?

It's a good tutorial with some much needed basics. Here's some other resources worth checking out:

Pixel art tutorial on OpenGameArt.org

PixelJoint's list of onsite and offsite tutorials.

Edit: Figured I'd plug it here. While Photoshop/GIMP are useful for more modern sprite creation (Which the course covers and a lot of tutorials don't), I occasionally use two other useful programs:

ASEprite <- Image editing program designed for sprites and animating sprites.

Pyxel Edit <- Tile editing program that exports tilemaps as psuedo-CSV or XML and the tileset as PNG. <font size="2">Save format can be opened with ZIP/RAR to extract individual tile images. Animation is planned and he hopes to start updating again this summer.</font>

I agree, that is why I mentioned it could be beneficial for some =]

I love those programs, I also use Graphics Gale but Pyxel Edit is pretty awesome!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)