My Freelancing Experience

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
  • Hello everyone,

I have decided to start a blog to chart my journey along the path of a freelance artist.

I will be updating the blog regularly with any tips and lessons-learnt, so as to make it a valuable resource for anyone else interested in pursuing this sort of career.

selfsupport.sys, my blog!

• Wrangler

I enjoyed reading this...

• mineet I am in the process of writing the first article where I'll talk about how I got my first contract and the fundamentals I followed that allowed me to get the work.

• Wrangler

hi I look forward to reading more...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This is a nice idea, I will read your articles from time to time to see how things are going for you but I've been in a similar place before so I know what it's like...

• I have posted a new article that deals with the basics of starting as a freelance games artist. Please let me know what you think!

Selfsupport.sys Blog

• Wrangler

hi thought i'd let you know I do enjoy reading your blog.. some good advice on there too for anyone starting out..

It was good seeing your work again..

• I've done a short post on dealing with rejection from potential employers.

If you feel there's anything I've missed or you have questions, please let me know so I can amend the article and answer your questions!

Selfsupport.sys Blog

• Awesome blog Wrangler. If you don't mind me sharing this on my social network sites, I'm sure I have some college friends who would enjoy pondering over your experiences.

• rosareven Thank you! I'd love you to share it :D

• Wrangler

Hi; I can't say I enjoyed reading this one; as I know how much that job meant to you.. It must be disheartening, I'm sorry you didn't get the work.

I love your work, and hope soon you get the break you deserve..

please keep writing your experiences

• mineet

Hey, thanks for the kind words :) it does suck but I want people to be able to learn from my experiences. It was very disheartening, but the only cure is to keep going!

• Wrangler, I second mineet. Your willingness to share your own experiences and perseverance will encourage others who face the same challenges (which really, is virtually every indie artist) and let them know they aren't alone. Thanks for being there!

• I always love reading about experiences that are just brutally honest about the reality. Knowing that early will save the wannabe-freelance a lot of surprises, for when they want to do the same, they know what's going to be ahead of them.

Some outsiders may call that discouraging, and that's where the question of personal passion comes in. There are people like me who don't bode well with the standard employer-employee structure and work much better off self-employed. Reading honest experiences help us to predict what we have to do to get there.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)