Microsoft WYSIWYG Game Creator ...

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Game rank and league badge creator mega asset pack
  • I know how you feel, man, and it's hard to not become jaded when you're faced with the worst of it day in and out. Just remember feelings are just feelings, and you should set them aside on occasion to give to new things a worthy try lest ye be relegated to the abyss of outdatedness and longing.

But Creative Labs is my exception to that rule. Call me hypocritical, but there's a difference between making terrible software and actually SCUTTLING it post-sale.

• I know how you feel, man, and it's hard to not become jaded when you're faced with the worst of it day in and out. Just remember feelings are just feelings, and you should set them aside on occasion to give to new things a worthy try lest ye be relegated to the abyss of outdatedness and longing.

But Creative Labs is my exception to that rule. Call me hypocritical, but there's a difference between making terrible software and actually SCUTTLING it post-sale.

LOL yes true, good point really... if I had a signature, I would put your post just now in it. I have to agree that Creative have the worst customer support ever... at least Microsoft are pretty good on the support side of things. A friend of mine has had trouble with a few Creative products over the years and the nightmares he has had trying to get it sorted with them has been staggering.

• Fun fact:

I've owned three Creative Audigy cards from SE to 2 ZS... two of the three died within a month, the third was returned.

• I have an E-MU 1820 soundcard, highly recommend it

• I have an E-MU 1820 soundcard, highly recommend it

My new motherboard has onboard 7.1, I don't think I'll need a soundcard soon.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I know we're wandering off-topic, but motherboard audio really is rubbish - put on some headphones and most of the time you'll be able to clearly hear inteference from the processor, hard drives etc. Creative actually do some useful cards which cost about �10 and sound waaaay better, so �10 well spent IMO.

• Totally depends on the motherboard AFAIK, I think back in the day onboard always meant pretty poop but nowadays I think you can get some pretty nice stuff onboard. Depends on what mobo it is I think.

• Ashley

You're right, and I'm a terribly picky audiophile myself. My complaint had nothing to do with their product, but more of their straw-that-broke-the-camel's-back actions against one of their community leaders who had been modding back in features Creative was purposefully removing from its driver sets for lower-end cards or cards not made for Vista. I thought that was a terrible shot in the foot, and I'll consider alternatives when purchasing audio boards.

Great. Now I've gone from saving the topic to derailing it again.

• Well there is a difference between derailing and topic shift... I think the thread discussion is progressing nicely

My motherboard has an Audigy XS onboard... I don't get any weird interference or anything like that... it's perfect. I have to say I have never had problems with a Creative product mylsef, but I know a few people that have. Like anything though, no matter what you buy, SOMEONE always has really a bad experience (or three) with it... I guess in my case this would be Microsoft

• Well as this is going to creative and i saw ur post about best joystick ur right:P

I havent had probs with creative and i got their audiocard, 2.1 sound system as headphones i use Sennheisers its so funny that i have top end headphones and i dont even use em...

This all is so off-topic

btw

Microsoft joysticks rules!

(I had one logitech and it broke after few battles i play il2)

• I tried Popfly a while ago, at the beginning of the year (maybe sooner than that), but I absolutely hated it, and the XNA, well, I still haven't given that a try, but the videos they have are pretty. That's what Microsoft's good at, selling crap.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)