June 2014 contest: Steal money from RPG Maker

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Turn your photos from your phone or home computer into a jigsaw puzzle
  • Hey, looking at the Humble Bundle I saw that page. The guys behind RPG Maker make an indy game contest with 10 000$ prize. The nice thing is no restriction on engine, no restriction on game genre.

Just make a game for a month and if it is good enough, it might win a prize.

Will another game than one made with RPG maker win ? I guess we will see.

Nevertheless, it could be a good opportunity for someone using C2.

So go and make a game that steals RPG Maker's jackpot

• Nice Kyatric....i might look into that...not bad prize money...thanks for the heads up

• I dont have the skills to win, but i send good luck to all the C2 developers to show the potential of this tool.

• This is good news, my game is almost finish.

They say in the comments that you can't use any code written before June 1st for this contest, though you can use art assets made before then.

I put some english on mine, but hey theres no point russian it.

• > This is good news, my game is almost finish.

>

They say in the comments that you can't use any code written before June 1st for this contest, though you can use art assets made before then.

Isn't the game development period near the end of May?

It states this:

"May 29 - June 30, 2014 – Game Development period. Create an awesome gaming experience!"

I started working on a game on May 29th for the FGL game jam, but it was rushed and buggy so I was hoping to edit it and resubmit since I ended up joining the game jam so late.

Do you think this game would still qualify for the contest?

newt

I see what you did there.

• > They say in the comments that you can't use any code written before June 1st for this contest, though you can use art assets made before then.

>

Isn't the game development period near the end of May?

It states this:

"May 29 - June 30, 2014 – Game Development period. Create an awesome gaming experience!"

I started working on a game on May 29th for the FGL game jam, but it was rushed and buggy so I was hoping to edit it and resubmit since I ended up joining the game jam so late.

Do you think this game would still qualify for the contest?

Oops, the comment I read was incorrect, you're right, dev on the game has to have started on May 29th or later.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ops....full game in one month.

I'm not in.

• Ops....full game in one month.

I'm not in.

I have a lot of respect for anyone who manages to finish a game, completing one in a month boarders on hero worship.

• It's possible. I scrapped my code and started from scratch keeping already made assets for this competition. I had only started the original build a few days before any way. It was my first attempt at a construct 2 game so was messy in a lot of places so restarting is not the worst thing to happen for the game.

I hope to have a polished game in 3 weeks and the last week will be for testing and adding in extra systems.

It will be tough though!

• That's some good money. Too bad,I'm pretty busy with the newgrounds jam, otherwise I would have participated. Good luck robbers!

• Did anyone buy the humble bundle? I did, just for the fun of it. I don't know if it was worth the effort of installing via Steam. RPGMaker doesn't work when Steam is in offline mode, and after finally starting it, my first attempt was to change the tileset. Half an hour later I gave up and closed it. I doubt that I will start it again

• Did anyone buy the humble bundle?

I did buy some humble bundles (of games) in the past, but I must admit I had no interest in the RPG Maker one.

• Did anyone buy the humble bundle? I did, just for the fun of it. I don't know if it was worth the effort of installing via Steam. RPGMaker doesn't work when Steam is in offline mode, and after finally starting it, my first attempt was to change the tileset. Half an hour later I gave up and closed it. I doubt that I will start it again

ummmm bought the deal and have to download it...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)