Is Clickteam Fusion 2.5 worth buying on sale?

0 favourites

It is currently on sale for 33.99. I just started using the free version of Construct 2 last week and have been enjoying it so far. I heard that Fusion 2.5 games perform better than CS2 games on iOS and Android devices. Is there any truth to this? I tried the free version and the UI does not seem as easy to use as CS2's. Is the sale price worth the buy? There seems to be a huge amount of notable games that were made with Fusion 2.5.

Probably you can told that on the Clickteam Community.

I have used Fusion before, but the events system is really disappointing (it's per frame, not sheets)... So I ended up using Construct 2.

The base product is on a decent sale but you'll probably want to the developer upgrade (and any number of runtimes) to get serious with making games.

Clickteam products aren't all that bad. After all, Construct (Classic) started as a product inspired by them, and Ashley used to make amazing plugins for their products under the company "Tigerworks" before starting Scirra.

It's just not as intuitive as Construct has become, some things feel really strange when you've used Construct enough (CC or C2 are both huge improvements editor-wise over TGF, MMF, MMF 2, MMF 2.5, and even MMF 3 looks like they're up to the same old tricks again).

However, I sorely miss the native runtimes/exporting of Click/CC

The base product is on a decent sale but you'll probably want to the developer upgrade (and any number of runtimes) to get serious with making games.

Clickteam products aren't all that bad. After all, Construct (Classic) started as a product inspired by them, and Ashley used to make amazing plugins for their products under the company "Tigerworks" before starting Scirra.

It's just not as intuitive as Construct has become, some things feel really strange when you've used Construct enough (CC or C2 are both huge improvements editor-wise over TGF, MMF, MMF 2, MMF 2.5, and even MMF 3 looks like they're up to the same old tricks again).

However, I sorely miss the native runtimes/exporting of Click/CC

Damn I just realized how expensive a developer upgrade with the mobile exporters would be. I think I'll just spend my money on a CS2 license. Also, is it true that Fusion 2.5 games perform better on mobile devices because of the exporters? My primary focus is for iOS and Android.

it's not a bad engine. But

pros:

1. Works well on linux via wine

2. built in plugin manager that makes it easy to update and install plugins/new functionality

cons:

1. Really bad at code reusal - making its level editor crap

2. You have to buy more exporters - which are expensive

3. Very rarely updated

To answer your questions on performance: I have used both Construct and Fusion extensively and yes, if you want to make mobile games, Fusion is superior. The performance is just that much better, Construct can't compete at all. Not to mention how much easier it is when you export (Fusion exports a finished apk file, or a ready-to-go xCode project).

(Fusion exports a finished apk file, or a ready-to-go xCode project).

Will Construct 3 or any future release have this feature, or will it always be handled via a third-party application like XDK or Cocoon?

Wouldn't bother with Fusion 2.5 now; Fusion 3 is being revealed this fall. As for the actual release, however...could still be a little while.

> (Fusion exports a finished apk file, or a ready-to-go xCode project).

>

Will Construct 3 or any future release have this feature, or will it always be handled via a third-party application like XDK or Cocoon?

From what little we've been told its just an editor update, the same html5 runtime engine is being used, so it's likely to be the same mess when it comes to export unfortunately.

>

> > (Fusion exports a finished apk file, or a ready-to-go xCode project).

> >

>

> Will Construct 3 or any future release have this feature, or will it always be handled via a third-party application like XDK or Cocoon?

>

From what little we've been told its just an editor update, the same html5 runtime engine is being used, so it's likely to be the same mess when it comes to export unfortunately.

Rats! Thanks for the info. Godot's looking sweeter and sweeter by the day.

Rats! Thanks for the info. Godot's looking sweeter and sweeter by the day.

If you ever get Godot to export a project without janking (even with ONE sprite, even in fixed update) hit me up

Every engine has its quirks.

> If you ever get Godot to export a project without janking (even with ONE sprite, even in fixed update) hit me up

>

I suppose you mean the stutter? I've noticed that too after messing with it. I wonder why it does that even in fixed update? OH well, I won't diverge from the OP topic. Thanks for the info

To be honest, I think that Clickteam Fusion 2.5 (27€) + HTML5/Android/iOS exporter (45-75€) is a better deal than Construct 2 (100€). Even trough is not easy as C2, is still easy enough.

Of course it has it's fair share of bugs and issues and hidden costs (like the need of Developer Upgrade in order to use Ads), but at least you get native support with the possibility of upgrading to different platforms (no more "close to native speeds" and the "joy" of using wrappers). There is also a 3rd party exporter for consoles named chowdren.

If you want to make small/medium games quick, C2 is the best choice, but for larger games I would go for Unity, GM:S or CF 2.5.

Keep in mind that C2 was developed when HTML5 just appeared, so it's core is not up-to-date. For example arm.js is used only for physics and not for whole C2. Who knows, C3 might be a nice surprise with latest HTML5/Javascript technologies implemented (a huge boost compared to C2).

To be honest, yes clickteam fusion more powerful than C2. But the prices is also expensive, you need to buy separate plugin and upgrade to developer version if you want to show the ads on your game. If i have more money, i definitely buy Clickteam fusion 2. But alternatively you can learn playmaker on Unity instead, it's just $45 on sale. Playmaker is a great tool to make a game without writing any single code on unity. Lately, i got custom action that you can animate any sprite with just 1 window without using unity animator mecanim, awesome!

I hope C3 will really really best game editor out there, some basic feature like transitions, tween, moving object.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Construct 2 has major, transformative features that are missing in other products. Imagine working without sub-events.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)