Indie game celeberties joining scirra!

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
From the Asset Store
These recognizable, fun-filled and simple music loops are a great asset for fast prototyping and ready for use.
  • Since I, and probably most other people have no clue what most famous indie game-makers use as nic, we don't really know if we've got any celeberties on the board! The two i'm aware of so far in the scirra family are: Joakim Sandberg (Noitu Love), and Kayin (I wanna be the guy).

Do we have any more? I'm sure there are more people who's got games they are known for that we don't know about! Show yourselves!

• If you mention some guys you find to be popular, add some links please.

• i found MMF2 through Joakim Sandberg (Noitu Love) and i found Construct through MMF2. nice to see he's using Construct now

• If you mention some guys you find to be popular, add some links please.

done.

Would also be intresting to know who people would be most excited to see joining scirra. I would really like to see Nifflas here, and also the guys behind The spirit engine!

• Interesting. Hopefully we'll attract more experienced developers with 0.99, considering the improvements for big projects and organisation.

• I didn't think anyone would be taking us seriously until 1.0, but hey, early adopters are cool

• I hope poeple from TIGsource would recognize this as much as GM and MMF

• I hope poeple from TIGsource would recognize this as much as GM and MMF

Give it some time. Construct still has some obstacles to overcome, but eventually it'll blow Game Maker and MMF away.

I think the controller system would be the next big thing to tackle - the easier it becomes to do the 'technical stuff', the more designers and artists will start using Construct to create some awesome stuff.

It'll only take a really big hit being created using Construct.

If you build it, they will come

• But are there any more here allready? Hiding with secret identities like superheroes.... in the darkness.... and blood and doom and stuff..

• But are there any more here allready? Hiding with secret identities like superheroes.... in the darkness.... and blood and doom and stuff..

Sounds like Watchmen.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • "Celebrities" ^^'. I don't know why some of you are getting excited because of the "famous boys" coming to Scirra Forums? What would that change? I just don't understand, would anybody explain it to me please?

• Publicity. The fanbois are going to learn of Construct and maybe even make a game themselves rather than polishing their idols' boots.

I jest, I jest. Let's avoid the personality cults here, shall we? We're all here to crack our skulls open on bugs.

• It's definitely exciting if acclaimed or professional developers choose to use Construct, as the publicity that comes with their games created by it should bring in more people.

• I didn't think anyone would be taking us seriously until 1.0

I do

• i dont really care if these guys join, as long as theyre positive for the community. nifflas' games are good but they aint anything amazing (they are good dont get me wrong), hes just known because hes completed something which gained alot of publicity. hes not any better than many of us around here

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)