Huzzah! / my life and stuff

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • I just wanted a place on the internet to say huzzah! ....and then ended up writing more than I intended so here ya go!

My computer has been dead for a month and finally have it fixed!

I left for China and had a great time, only to return to a dead computer. How it died is a mystery because it was powered off and never in use while I was away....

$2000ish of broken equipment was a bit nerve wracking. Luckily it was only my PSU and nothing else was damaged.

A few customer supports later. A handy 7 year warranty.... and I finally have a new power supply!

ax1200i is an amazing psu...but honestly I wouldn't expect it to die while not in use...or at all. Oh well. Month of frustration over!

p.s

I got one of the new 3ds consoles/gamepads what have you. And I love it.

Feel free to add me. 2380 - 5725 - 4370

I have Monster Hunter 4, soon to have much much more. muahahahaha.

This thing occupied me while computer was dead xD

Oh, and China was lots of fun.

West Lake, Hangzhou if any1 is curious.

• Prolly had a power surge in your house.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Prolly had a power surge in your house.

Was my best guess as well. Currently looking for a good uninterruptible power supply.

I'm guessing it should match or exceed what my power supply can do. So need a 1200w+ UPS.

Can't find a whole lot online about good brands though. Most im finding wouldn't be able to keep up with my psu. :/

And the ones that can have very limited information and few if any reviews.

• > Prolly had a power surge in your house.

>

Was my best guess as well. Currently looking for a good uninterruptible power supply.

I'm guessing it should match or exceed what my power supply can do. So need a 1200w+ UPS.

Can't find a whole lot online about good brands though. Most im finding wouldn't be able to keep up with my psu. :/

And the ones that can have very limited information and few if any reviews.

Those watts UPS's are nice .. but in all honesty ... I consider them a bit meaningless unless you run a dedicated server supplying a continuous service. I consider UPS units in a private/home scenario way too expensive for their functionality.

Generally, if the power breaks down in the house or in the grid affecting several streets, the downtime is generally longer then the supporting capabilities of those units, only getting you shutdown time ...

Most modern windows system handle instant power off perfectly, and reboot when needed without issues.

From the given scenario you experienced, you could have done with a 5 buck surge protector on your computers power connection

• seems really nice...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)