How should I go about the release of TowerClimb?

0 favourites
  • Is steamworks integration really necessary for all games? Does anyone know if vvvvvv has it?

If it is, I may need someone to make a plugin...

A quick Google search reveals that there are games with no Steam integration. I guess the best thing to do now is contact Steam themselves. They have great customer support from my experience.

Good luck mate.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Will do! Thanks.

• there has been a huge amount of money thrown at studying how to get people to spend money, and using .99 is effective. It's not scummy. It works. Companies wouldn't do it so much otherwise.

Hilarious, if you think manipulating people in order to get them to pay you more money is not scummy then you're a fool. Companies usually couldn't care less if they're tricking the person into buying their product that's why they have marketing people. Farmville is the perfect example, their goal is to farm the player's money as much as possible. "I'm not going to treat you as a normal human being because I know I'll make more money off you this way".

I guess it comes down to an issue of respect, do you respect your players as intelligent people? Or do you just view them as a money resource who you should manipulate so you can make profits from them?

• Hilarious, if you think manipulating people in order to get them to pay you more money is not scummy then you're a fool.

I would look at it this way since I've been around the sales & marketing world for a long time. Davioware has game he has put a lot of effort into. It is a good high quality product. People would be better for having access to and enjoying this product. It is a good thing to get it into as many peoples hands as possible. So what's wrong with using a little bit of market research to price it at a price point that will sell better. Same reason it isn't wrong to be complementary to the person you are selling to in the hopes that a nicer atmosphere will create the sale.

As long as you aren't forcing something down somebodies throat they don't want or lying to them (the pushy telemarketer) then there is absolutely nothing wrong in sales to do what's necessary to close the sale. After all it is helping out a good developer, people are getting a quality product, and everybody is happy.

• > there has been a huge amount of money thrown at studying how to get people to spend money, and using .99 is effective. It's not scummy. It works. Companies wouldn't do it so much otherwise.

>

Hilarious, if you think manipulating people in order to get them to pay you more money is not scummy then you're a fool. Companies usually couldn't care less if they're tricking the person into buying their product that's why they have marketing people. Farmville is the perfect example, their goal is to farm the player's money as much as possible. "I'm not going to treat you as a normal human being because I know I'll make more money off you this way".

I guess it comes down to an issue of respect, do you respect your players as intelligent people? Or do you just view them as a money resource who you should manipulate so you can make profits from them?

Seriously, of all the things companies do to make money, this is so far down the scummy list it doesn't even register.

Second, using Zynga of all companies as an example to prove your point is ridiculous both because using $.99 is probably the least scummy thing they do to make more money off each person, and also because basically every company on earth does this, from the slimeballs to best companies as well.

It's not cheating or manipulating people or even deceptive, the price is right there in front of them. Using the technique doesn't mean I or anyone else disrespects their customers, there are plenty of companies who respect and care about their fans plenty and yet still use it.

This isn't even remotely as big a deal as you're making it out to be, and there's especially no need to be so insulting. Chill. We can discuss this without throwing insults.

• k

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)