GMArcade ~ The Friendly Indie Game Host & Community

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
These recognizable, fun-filled and simple music loops are a great asset for fast prototyping and ready for use.
  • Maybe I don't have Java configured correctly.

I'll have to look into it later.

Games that require installation obviously won't work with this, right? How many of the games on your site work with this? Or are most of the games on your site Game Maker games right now?

Either way it's a pretty cool idea. It can definitely give users the feeling of a quicker play of the game.

Almost all of the games work right now, installation games won't work with this (it would just run the install file...which I guess would be okay). It doesn't matter if the games are Game Maker or not, any exe game will work. However, yes, most are GM games.

Thanks

• This is a great service.

• This is a great service.

Thanks Casho, I'm glad you like it! If you ever have any ideas for me, just post them in the forums on GMA or here. I'm always welcome to new suggestions, and they usually get added very quickly.

• Looks realy cool.

But would be great if the developers got an percentage of the google add money.

• Looks realy cool.

But would be great if the developers got an percentage of the google add money.

Hey your getting free hosting for your game. If he doesn't get the money, what will pay for bandwidth?

• lol why bother getting 2$ a month hehe

this site is really cool, its online but the games arent flash crap.

• Hey Scirra,

Just wanted to invite you guys to check out GMArcade.com's first contest here:

http://gmarcade.com/contest01/

I hope to see some of you guys enter!

~Matt

• i suggest you make a new topic to anounce this, youll get more ppl.

its not going to get heard if you just post it on the 3rd page of a somewhat unrelated topic.

i might join, if i can get a good idea

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Awesome We'd love to have all the entries we can get.

Just make a new topic in Open Topic?

• yea thatd be fine

• I'm beginning to see a Construct game or two on GMA, thanks for your support guys!

Anyways, I was wondering how complicated it is to use a DLL in Construct. Could someone post a code snippet that uses a DLL that I can check out?

I release my new GMArcadeDLL online high score and achievement system, and I want to include scripts for programs other than Game Maker.

Thanks!

~Matt

• There's currently no way to directly call a DLL from Construct events, but you could make a plugin using the Plugin SDK to call the DLL.

• There's currently no way to directly call a DLL from Construct events, but you could make a plugin using the Plugin SDK to call the DLL.

So a wrapper eh? Would the Plugin SDK be compatible with an ActiveX DLL/Library?

• The plugin SDK is just a C++ written DLL, so anything you can do in C++, can be called from the plugin.

• The plugin SDK is just a C++ written DLL, so anything you can do in C++, can be called from the plugin.

Darn...I don't know C++ Oh well, that has to come at a later time I guess.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)