Game Jolt - Ad Revenue Sharing

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Hey guys. This is CROS from Game Jolt. I posted a while back.

Anyway, just wanted to keep you updated with some new developments on the site. While we've hinted at it in the past, we're finally revealing some information on Ad Revenue Sharing on Game Jolt. This has usually been reserved for just Flash/casual games, but in our long fight to rid the world of greedy publishers, here ya go!

http://gamejolt.com/developers/ad-sharing/

• Hmm... Looks like the Kongregate model. It does sound interesting, however I'm worried about legal implications.

• Interesting. I did not find info about rates, requirements or anything though.

Is there an API?

Could you elaborate?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hmm... Looks like the Kongregate model. It does sound interesting, however I'm worried about legal implications.

What legal implications exactly?

• Y'know, each country has its laws and stuff, how would they go about transactions? How to handle taxes? And all that stuff. Money has a ton of paperwork waiting to be triggered as an avalanche; if you miss one single paper, you risk big trouble.

Or maybe my worry is a bit unreasonable?

• Since you're not involved in this, I don't understand your worries at all. CROS mentioned that Ad Revenue Sharing was successfully applied in other stuff.

• It can be a big undertaking, especially for smaller services. It's always good to see indie developers getting something back though.

It's fairly similiar, except it's across the board for all games and not just Flash. There's also going to be a few differences, which we will release once the closed beta is ready.

Interesting. I did not find info about rates, requirements or anything though.

Is there an API?

Could you elaborate?

There will be more information released within a few weeks when the closed beta starts. The lifetime rate for developers that sign up now, though, is 50% of the revenue.

We actually already have an API, which we've discussed a bit with Ashley about Construct using for their Created Games Portal thing. More information on how games can plug in to the API will be released soon.

It can be a big undertaking, especially for smaller services. It's always good to see indie developers getting something back though.

Thanks, Rich. We've got some other things planned too, so be sure to keep checking back.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)