frustrated with the Google Play

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • recently developed a themed game of the famous flappy bird, days of tweaking and design and was ready to release the game on google play in a few hours I get the news that he had been suspended, so that did not remove my developer account. I am very frustrated with this determination of google. As this reason was the use of the word "Flappy" in my game. But there is hundreds of play in games like google and do nothing!

this was the email they sent me after suspension

This is a notification that your application, Flappy IF, with package ID #####, has been removed from the Google Play Store.

REASON FOR REMOVAL: Violation of the spam provisions of the Content Policy. Please refer to the keyword spam policy help article for more information.

Your title and/or description attempts to impersonate or leverage another popular app without permission. Please remove all such references. Do not use irrelevant, misleading, or excessive keywords in apps descriptions, titles, or metadata.

recently developed a themed game of the famous flappy bird, days of tweaking and design and was ready to release the game on google play in a few hours I get the news that he had been suspended, so that did not remove my developer account. I am very frustrated with this determination of google. As this reason was the use of the word "Flappy" in my game. But there is hundreds of play in games like google and do nothing!

this was the email they sent me after suspension

"All violations are tracked. Serious or repeated violations of any nature will result in the termination of your developer account, and investigation and possible termination of related Google accounts. If your account is terminated, payments will cease and Google may recover the proceeds of any past sales and the cost of any associated fees (such as chargebacks and payment transaction fees) from you.

If your developer account is still in good standing, you may revise and upload a policy compliant version of your application as a new package name. Before uploading any new applications, please review the Developer Distribution Agreement and Content Policy.

If you feel we have made this determination in error, you can visit the Google Play Help Center article for additional information regarding this removal.

The Google Play Team"

• Research is helpful. Last month some time Google had let it be known that any game with the word Flappy would not pass certification. This isn't a secret and already went around the forums here and including my work place.

I can understand, but there was an insane abundance of the Flappy worded games and they litteraly put a lock down on the any clone game using the name.

It's not just google either, Apple does the same thing. Any games you see with Flappy made it before lock down.

• i hear about this... it seems is real.

So you know you need to change the name, is not so dificult.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You could just change the name hover goose or something that goes along with your game. But yeah, flappy bird games are frowned upon by google.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)