Forums Changed

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
  • Everything in this Website has changed, like different users, different questions, different activity, like I don't see more help these days in the forums. Strange.

• Maybe you have changed and started asking wrong questions?

• Too much nonconstructive threads and repetitive help request or problem. No wonder everybody simply don't bother reading all of them. These made "genuine" post get buried quite deep and not getting the attention it supposed to. Well, people gotta understand that the forum is not Facebook.

Stop using the forum like Facebook then we should be good.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Too much nonconstructive threads and repetitive help request or problem. No wonder everybody simply don't bother reading all of them. These made "genuine" post get buried quite deep and not getting the attention it supposed to. Well, people gotta understand that the forum is not Facebook.

Stop using the forum like Facebook then we should be good.

I say Scirra is community friendly website, so I guess game developers are supposed to help their fellow mates developers, am I right? Well, when I can help other I do of course, whenever one need give feedback I do. But Do you expect a 14 years old boy know all about game dev, of course no, some people discuss things that I don't even understand or Know about, and I wonder why all your replies to me are negative replies?

• Maybe you have changed and started asking wrong questions?

Sorry, do I know you?

• Looks like the return of this topic of yours.

I guess forums haven't changed that much actually. You just got impatient again.

Also motivated by this thread of yours ?

Posting it originally in the "Open topic" wasn't the best place where to post it to begin with. I moved it to the "How do I", you know, the forum where to get technical help.

• Looks like the return of this topic of yours.

I guess forums haven't changed that much actually. You just got impatient again.

Also motivated by this thread of yours ?

Posting it originally in the "Open topic" wasn't the best place where to post it to begin with. I moved it to the "How do I", you know, the forum where to get technical help.

yeah sorry Kyatric but my game of mine is getting me exhausted & tired because I'm doing all the work alone, and I got that "Impatient" problem thing, since I was waiting fot replies to my tutorial. Very Sorry , forgive for my mistakes

• I replied in generalist approach, which I imply towards mostly beginners, they did not dig deep enough into manuals and used enough keywords in their search. Heck I'm still a beginner as well. When I first join this forum, none of my stupid question were answered, then I learned new keywords along the way, which in the end lead me to answers.

whenever one need give feedback I do

Personally I won't give feedback of thing that I'm not technically sure of. I rather leave things as is than making it worse thus not helping the one who ask for help. This is what you call being an adult.

I wonder why all your replies to me are negative replies?

Most people are adults here, we give REALISTIC replies, not negative ones. Always giving positive feedback regardless it being honest or not will not help anyone at all, REALISTIC feedback does, REALISTIC feedback gives one an idea of TRUTH.

• yeah sorry Kyatric but my game of mine is getting me exhausted & tired because I'm doing all the work alone

Here's more experience for you then, something new you've learnt thanks to this.

Don't overdo yourself, working on something to exhaustion doesn't allow you to see things clearly.

So just grant you some rest and let some time go by. Especially since you don't HAVE TO deliver, you don't have a due date or a deadline, so there is "nothing important" at stake here.

As for the part about working alone, don't forget a lot of people in this forum do the same, so you're not alone in that boat.

Just be sure to try to have another activity on the side to allow you to vent frustration in a meaningful way.

Making games is tiring and nerve wrecking, you have to learn to manage this as you go by. This lesson will help you in every day's life as well.

• [quote:3otbbe3a]yeah sorry Kyatric but my game of mine is getting me exhausted & tired because I'm doing all the work alone, and I got that "Impatient" problem thing, since I was waiting for replies to my tutorial. Very Sorry , forgive for my mistakes

I am also in the same boat as you as far as working alone. I do post a reply here or there to help people out when I can with limited experience with C2. I have also posted for help and have gotten negative replies, but I dont complain about it. As mentioned before, it could be the way you ask, the tone you set in asking, a repetitive topic, or you haven't searched, read, or studied hard enough before asking. As far as the other side of negative answers, well another side of this is that some people will not help, they hold themselves to a higher standard, ( I am not meaning everyone) but there are a few, thinking that you are here, you, should have read and studied and know what they do, right away.

[quote:3otbbe3a] What Kyatric said. Here's more experience for you then, something new you've learnt thanks to this.

Don't overdo yourself, working on something to exhaustion doesn't allow you to see things clearly.

So just grant you some rest and let some time go by. Especially since you don't HAVE TO deliver, you don't have a due date or a deadline, so there is "nothing important" at stake here.

As for the part about working alone, don't forget a lot of people in this forum do the same, so you're not alone in that boat.

Just be sure to try to have another activity on the side to allow you to vent frustration in a meaningful way.

Making games is tiring and nerve wrecking, you have to learn to manage this as you go by. This lesson will help you in every day's life as well.

Experience in working alone makes your knowledge richer. As far as exhaustion, well I stay that way. I work a full time job 5 to 6 days a week, and any chance outside of that I am on here working on my project. I do take a break here and there for about 20 to 30 min. to clear my head and then get back to it. Believe me it helps a lot. As said if your not experienced then you are not working on a project for someone, this means there is no "set deadline" take your time make sure its right, don't kill yourself over it. I'm in my mid 40's starting game programming and I can almost guarantee I have a lot less time than you do, not only hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, but probably life wise as well . But then again I can say that at this stage of my life I know how to handle things a little different than many others.

Maybe consider trying to get a team together if you feel working alone you either cant handle or is too much for you. But in that aspect, your whole team has to be on the same page, and is there going to be $ that needs to be paid ? You really need to sit back and weigh all the differences all the way around. I have asked to put together a team a couple of times within this forum, I did have a couple of replies but it never came together. I pretty much gave up C2 for a while until they came out with multiplayer ( my main goal was multiplayer, but also others), now I am back and as active as I can be. I have scince aked for a team again but no replies. I have started to contract out a few services (meaning pay for them) but I do 90% of it all on my own.

On another point I'm also looking at stats. Forum post, reputation ect. I have been on here for around 2 years or so, the comparison between you and I is a big difference. Is it that you have gotten lazy and not wanting to do the research or work on your own, and want it handed to you. By the stats you should not complain about lack of help you should all ready have enough experience, reading, researching ect. without having to come back in and complain there is a lack of help.

everyone

Im sry if I carry on and on, but think any reply or explanation needs some type of good reply not just a line or two which really dose no good.

• Txchaser this is quite a meaningful post I would say!

Experience in working alone makes your knowledge richer.

Totally aggreed, I think I used C2 for almost a year now, can't believe that I started with zero knowledge in coding!

But then again I can say that at this stage of my life I know how to handle things a little different than many others.

There are differences that I notice, because the older and mature a person gets, know how to handle things better than many others.

I have been on here for around 2 years or so, the comparison between you and I is a big difference. Is it that you have gotten lazy and not wanting to do the research or work on your own, and want it handed to you.

From my observation, high schoolers probably have some difficulty in mathematics as they haven't acquire enough knowledge on it, which I think the age 20+ (college) should be the milestone of knowing logics at best. I disagree with comparing the progress made regardless of age because young people are simply not exposed enough to a very fundamental knowledge of logic, to make significant progress like us adults who have developed it as we age.

PS: I applaud at these high schooler, they are already a game developer at the teen age, while I'm just a douchebag when I was a teenager. I bet everybody wished they started as young as these teenagers are.

• Come on! It has been over a year and i still have much much to learn and community helps me a lot via both posts and pms.

• I can't speak to how these forums were years ago, as I just started using Construct 2. However, just from the few questions I have asked (and have had answered) it seems to me that the community here is very helpful, and quick to answer questions (compared to the other communities of game making programs I've evaluated).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)