FarCry 2

0 favourites
  • Well I finally finished both Crysis and Gears of War now, so I suppose I'd better buy Far Cry 2.

I notice the graphics, nice as they are, kinda play it safe for consoles. Still looks really nice, and if it runs as well as you guys say then it should be all good.

The console versions are cut down from the PC version... drastically. My mates XBOX360 sitting next to my PC looks completely shit-house. There is hardly any shadowing on the 360 version, the HDR is more like LDR, or NoDR... textures aren't as sharp, and the resolution is just not there.

PC version kinda makes the console versions look BAD.

~Sol

• That's good. I'm sick of games being cut down for PC, when PCs are generally much more powerful. I will buy FarCry 2, that will be my next game, it's decided.

• i own a console cause i cant stand using mouse and keyb, and staring at a screen from like 1 foot n a half away, i like triggers, buttons n analog joysticks, wasd doesnt beat a joystick and clicking dont beat a trigger, plus i find on FPSs on pc have really unnatural looking movement online, the way guys move there heads so fast and jitter around cause a keyboard aint analog, lol

i also cant afford keeping hardware uptodate and i love halo 3!!!!1111one,

i have the first farcry, looks and like shit, and you can do a glitch with the shotgun where you can shoot real fast while reloading lol. this game looks cool tho

• i own a console cause i cant stand using mouse and keyb, and staring at a screen from like 1 foot n a half away, i like triggers, buttons n analog joysticks, wasd doesnt beat a joystick and clicking dont beat a trigger, plus i find on FPSs on pc have really unnatural looking movement online, the way guys move there heads so fast and jitter around cause a keyboard aint analog, lol

i also cant afford keeping hardware uptodate and i love halo 3!!!!1111one,

i have the first farcry, looks and like s**t, and you can do a glitch with the shotgun where you can shoot real fast while reloading lol. this game looks cool tho

I love you Quazi... BUT;

Control pads for FPS games SUCK. Sorry, but they are so shitty for aiming and, well everything. Anyone who has played against me at an FPS game, and they use their beloved gamepad while I use the mouse and keyboard, lose... badly...

The reason people move so fast online is because they use the mouse... if you use a gamepad you are a sitting duck, slowwwwwwwwwwly turning to aim and fire. Using the mouse: Unrealistic? Maybe... Better? Definately!

I do agree with keeping PC hardware up to date though... consoles are a much more reliable long-term solution. I own a few consoles myself, and for certain games you can't beat a gamepad... just not FPS games. Learn to play with the mouse and keyboard and you will NEVER look back, trust me.

~Sol

P.S. Fallout 3 kicks serious ass by the way!

P.S.S. I can play FPS games with a gamepad on my PC as well... XBOX360 gamepad works just fine... sucks for FPS games though

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • its not that id use a pad on a pc, thats stupid, im just saying its funner when everyones forced to use one like on a console, probably cause im usually bttr with it than everyone else tho lol, i just prefer triggers and a stick for moving, for aiming its not the greatest, and i luv u too man, i luv u too "tears of joy"

• PC FTW... Nuff Said

• PC FTW... Nuff Said

It's a bit ironic you say that with a BSOD avatar...

• > PC FTW... Nuff Said 8)

>

It's a bit ironic you say that with a BSOD avatar...

Maybe that was an "FTW" as in "Fails To Work".

• gah pcs are better than macs even with BSOD

i hate macs, overpriced gimmiky P'sOS which arent better in anyway and cant run EXEs natively

• gah pcs are better than macs even with BSOD

i hate macs, overpriced gimmiky P'sOS which arent better in anyway and cant run EXEs natively

This man speaks the truth

~Sol

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)