Ever heard of Minecraft?

0 favourites
  • Now, if only I can figure out which .class file to edit in order to get the hi-def texture packs working in the latest version, I would be a happy man indeed.

The file that you want to edit is in this folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\<your username>\Application Data\.minecraft\bin

Then you can open minecraft.jar with a tool like WinRAR to replace them (simply drag the new texture pack in, delete/backup the old).

• > Now, if only I can figure out which .class file to edit in order to get the hi-def texture packs working in the latest version, I would be a happy man indeed.

>

The file that you want to edit is in this folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\<your username>\Application Data\.minecraft\bin

Then you can open minecraft.jar with a tool like WinRAR to replace them (simply drag the new texture pack in, delete/backup the old).

You misunderstand.

In the latest version(s) (last three or four updates) the HI RESOLUTION texture packs will not work. There seems to be a random .class file (inside the .jar file) which has to be opened and some parameters need to be modified. There are like, hundreds of .class files though, and it seems to change for some reason with each update as to which one has to be edited.

For example, the previous update to this one, the er.class file had to be "patched" to get a texture sheet over 512x512 working (the default sheet is 256x256). The sheet I want to use is 4096x4096 which makes each face texture 256x256 instead of the standard 16x16. Any new sheet that is 256x256 or 512x512 works fine without any troubles, but I am already half way through making my own sheet at 2048x2048 and even that won't work due to this mysterious .class file.

Damn it all to HELL! Yes the one in my basement will do just fine!

~Sol

• In the latest version(s) (last three or four updates) the HI RESOLUTION texture packs will not work. There seems to be a random .class file (inside the .jar file) which has to be opened and some parameters need to be modified. There are like, hundreds of .class files though, and it seems to change for some reason with each update as to which one has to be edited.

Ah sorry, I hadn't heard about this. Hopefully Notch will make it easy/possible to do again soon.

• > In the latest version(s) (last three or four updates) the HI RESOLUTION texture packs will not work. There seems to be a random .class file (inside the .jar file) which has to be opened and some parameters need to be modified. There are like, hundreds of .class files though, and it seems to change for some reason with each update as to which one has to be edited.

>

Ah sorry, I hadn't heard about this. Hopefully Notch will make it easy/possible to do again soon.

Yeah me too... There are a couple of really nice packs I want to test out. The lo-fi graphics are kind of charming, but at 1920x1200 they kind of hurt my eyes after awhile.

I even have my own pack that is semi complete already, but once I found out about this problem I stopped. See? It's not only Construct that I find problems with that make me stop doing stuff... hahaha I can break ANYTHING!

~Sol

• Minecraft is extremely addictive.. and I have you all to thank for sucking me into it! Spent about 20+ hrs building tunnels and making a little fort, and armor, etc. However, after burrowing to the bottom of the world and back up the game all of a sudden has lost appeal to me.

I'm hoping that some more new stuff/objectives gets added or maybe mutiplayer to bring some of the excitement back.

• However, after burrowing to the bottom of the world and back up the game all of a sudden has lost appeal to me.

I'm hoping that some more new stuff/objectives gets added or maybe mutiplayer to bring some of the excitement back.

That's the danger for any game, if it's hammered.

I know people that try and complete new Zelda games as quickly as possible so they can say they've completed it, where as I make Zelda games last for months by only playing it about an hour a day, and I wouldn't do it any other way.

With MineCraft though, you do have a point (to a degree), as I've seen others say the same thing.

It hasn't happened to me though.

I'm still enjoying it as much as I did the first day.

And I've no interest in using any hacks or 3rd party programs to map the area.

------------------------------------------------

Some of the things worth looking forward to:

:: Many more crafting templates, and uses for some current ones that seem useless.

:: Many more monster types, with the likes of Dragons being a possible one.

:: Dungeon mode, which will take away the crafting element and see you playing pre-set levels trying to complete pre-set goals.

:: Multiplayer Survival Mode. Although you can play it now, you can't keep your items when you log off (although Notch is apparently working on that now, and may be included in Tomorrow's secret update). The main problem with Multiplayer at the moment is the idiot griefers who just go around destroying everything for fun, which needs sorting asap. Another problem with Multiplayer is that all the servers I've been on seem to be full of huge buildings, with no room to start your own (a lot of them built using hacks to allow unlimited item creation, which also needs to be outlawed). One plus is the possible inclusion of land-claim flags which will only allow you, or someone you allow, to build in that area.

:: Hidden Temples buried underground. This appeals to me, especially if they're rare.

:: Biomes (or eco-systems). This is nearly complete, and will add different climates to different areas, and hopefully will also dictate the type of monsters that you encounter there.

:: Seasons. Will allow the areas to cycle through the 4 seasons, and will hopefully vary depending on the biome you're in.

:: Villages. This sounds really interesting, and Notch has already had this running to some degree. Imagine villages with roads, etc, with some human NPCs and some Monsters!

There's also plenty of other suggestions that Notch has been getting, and I think he enjoys this game as much as everyone else.

So plenty to look forward to.

In the meantime, I'm going to carry on with my mining, never using any hacks or cheats (never understood the point of that with any game, ever).

Krush.

• Information I have read leads me to believe that when Biomes are introduced, you will have to scrap any old save files and start new ones to take advantage of this addition.

Also, it looks like secret friday update will be containing a working SMP and Biomes according to Notch's twitter updates.

Yes... I am still addicted. You can attribute my absence solely to Minecraft.

~Sol

• That's the danger for any game, if it's hammered.

I know people that try and complete new Zelda games as quickly as possible so they can say they've completed it

Yeah, I think that is the mistake I made. I just kept tunneling and tunneling for a couple hours straight.. should have taken a break.

With that being said... I started on another new save file last night! This time I will work much slower.

• Yeah, I didn't get bored of minecraft until I felt like I'd done everything.

I hope he adds a higher difficulty in a patch too, the mobs are impossible to die to on hard once you get used to their ai, especially if you're underground, where luring skeles is easy.

• Yeah I'm still going... haha

Update was smaller than expected, but should be more updates on the way. I'm hooked... even just for creativity sake. I have already made a few maps using hacked items just so I can build.

Never gets old.

~Sol

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I hate you all for introducing me with this evil game. I love it.

• I mentioned 3 weeks ago in this thread that Notch had reached 100,000 sales of MineCraft, which was amazing.

He has now reached 200,000 sales, and it's climbing fast.

I know the sales will calm down eventually, but another 100,000 sales in just 3 weeks.

That's just off the scale.

Krush

• are you joking? that means he's earned about 2 million dollars...

• Yeah, enough to hire two staff (so far) and move into an office. Not too bad, not too bad at all.

• My server is mental...

check it out:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic ... 14&t=39519

If you want to log in and check it out, server address is:

adventurecraft.dyndns-ip.com

~Sol

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)