I’d like you to take a trip in my crazy imagination with me ... and feel free to leave your comments below ...
I’ve been using Construct 2 for a while now and I’m enjoying it so far (I’m actually almost finished with my 1st game) but I’ve always had an inner urge to create a 3D game. I’ve been reading through the posts on the “Q3D Plugin” found here and on other sites. Although most people like the plugin, there are a few that are worried that it will interfere with Construct 2’s main purpose.
Well let’s just imagine a separate program that can do the following.
1. This program will have a relatively simple looking interface, like Construct 2 or Unity.
2. Unlike Unity however, this program will require NO PROGRAMMING for you to create a complete game. It will come loaded with a metric-ton of Behaviors and Events - just like Construct 2.
3. Also just like Construct 2, this program will have Event Sheets, so you can easily snap together the logic of your game.
4. You can import 3D objects (static or animated) from various popular formats.
5. You’ll be able to export your game in multiple formats.
If someone wanted to start a KickStarter Campaign for this program, I would gladly contribute to it (Hey Scirra, hint hint, wink wink). To use a Star Trek reference - this program will boldly go where no 3D game engine has gone before - lol
In this way, it will satisfy everyone!
People who want to focus strictly on 2D games can continue using Construct 2. For 3D however, this KickStarter Campaign will help them hire more programmers to focus on the creation of ... wait for it ...
Yes, I know that my imagination is crazy ... but just imagine the possibilities ... just imagine ... just imagine ... just imagine ... (echo)