Cocoonjs VS Intel XDK (Appmobi)

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Cocoonjs VS Intel XDK (Appmobi) for Android ?

• i have tried intelXDK the first time these days. It's really simple to get your App to work in the XDK and you can easily run it on iOS Devices with AppLab. But I haven't found out yet how i can export my project to an IPA which i can really test locally on an iDevice with Xcodes' test deployment. I don't know if this is even possible.

to answer your question: i haven't tried CocoonJS yet but if I won't find out about the realtime test deployment soon, i will try to do it with Ludei's Cocoon JS and inform you about my experiences.

ah by the way .. when i was compiling my game with appLab i didn't notice a big difference in performance ..

I gotta say that both look very serious. I got a bit shocked of appMobi because of all that Credit Card stuff. Don't what's that all about. aditionally Ludei is about to provide 3D support which is reeeally cool though..

• Intel XDK, not very good because DirectCanvas is very buggy

• Joannesalfa

whould you recommend Ludeis' CocoonJS then? i got to make my descision soon. keep in mind that my primary platform is iOS.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • CocoonJS is not completed until they release final version including dynamic memory, cocoonjs splash screen removal, etc.

• o.k I tried both by now and I really tend to use cocoonJS. App testing on a device is much eazier and performance seems better. with the Mobile Launcher it's possible to run the app/game locally on every device. appLab is not that good i thought. Another great Feature is that you can compile your C2 Export zip file to an Xcode Project! AFAIK that's not possible with appMobi/intelXDK

Joannesalfa I havent Launched my game in Xcode but in the CocoonJS Cloud Compiling settings you can add a custom "Launch Image". I guess this is ment to be the splash screen. And if not, can't you just change it in Xcode manually? Correct me if I'm wrong .. I haven't tried it yet.

• Tried both. I prefer cocoonjs for the performance and simplicity. The XDK, and the applab is a real mess tu use.

• I have also tried both and I agree that Intel XDK at this stage seems buggier and messier than CocoonJS (but there are bugs in CocoonJS as well). Let's hope Intel sorts it out soon. Intel XDK is free to use while CocoonJS will cost money.

Another option to consider is gameclosure. While CocoonJS and Intel XDK support both webview and canvas acceleration, gameclosure is only about canvas acceleration, but seems very good. I'm not sure Construct2 supports exporting the combination of webview and canvas, so it probably doesn't matter in many cases.

• I agree that CocoonJS is easier and seems much better at this stage but I still need the WebGL support which would enable layout by layout texture loading. I even recieved a newsletter stating that the new version would be available at the end of May but nothing happened. I tryed to contact ludei on the matter over twitter and email and I'm still waiting for a response.

• I agree that CocoonJS is easier and seems much better at this stage but I still need the WebGL support which would enable layout by layout texture loading. I even recieved a newsletter stating that the new version would be available at the end of May but nothing happened. I tryed to contact ludei on the matter over twitter and email and I'm still waiting for a response.

They just posted on Twitter today that the new update is just around the corner. Okay, they've been saying that for a while now, but I think this time they're really about to release it soon. I've been waiting it also.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)