Atheist Bus

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
  • http://www.justgiving.com/atheistbus

Fundraising target:�5,500.00
    Donations so far:�109,772.83[/code:41y997jy]
    HAHA So there is a god!
  • I've read about this on the news - I think Dawkins is too extremist in his views, but it's definitely an interesting project. Quite often I see slogans on buses telling me to go read the bible, I don't see why we can't have these adverts as well!

I wonder if in future advertising belief systems will be big business... "Hey you, believe in this!"

• Wow, so instead of the government and inflation, religion is the reason why everybody is in debt and worrying about their life? Although its true that some religious followers/sections tend to make too many rules that never existed in the original texts, and people shouldn't have to see either religious or non-religious things pushed upon them. Religion or anti-religion is something to be found not forced, people who want it or need it usually find it through people not "in your face" advertisements.

• I think Dawkins is too extremist in his views,

Signed.

Dawkins irritates the hell out of me sometimes. This seems pretty cool though. Not cool enough for me to drop a few bucks, but cool

• Here's the other side of the coin though:

For every Dawkins you hear of, there's about 50 similar extremely-viewed people of any known religion. Dawkins is just the other end of the scale.

Still, this is definitely a bad idea. What does it aim to accomplish? Religious advertisements shouldn't be allowed, fullstop.. it's secular and I should be allowed to get a bus without having the word of God forced upon me.

• Still, this is definitely a bad idea. What does it aim to accomplish? Religious advertisements shouldn't be allowed, fullstop...

I totally agree, I think no adverts of the type (atheist or religious) should be allowed at all. But if this campaign makes that happen, then that's a good thing - I don't think you'd get far trying to ban all religious adverts unless you also get atheist adverts. You risk looking anti-religious otherwise, whereas we can now argue we simply don't want beliefs shoved in our face on the bus.

• You risk looking anti-religious otherwise, whereas we can now argue we simply don't want beliefs shoved in our face on the bus.

Atheism is a Religion. So if Christianity Adverts are shown then why not Atheist?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I don't think this should be posted here. It's not necessary and offensive.

• I personally do not see much wrong with this thread; it is a sensible discussion of some people's opinions. However, out of respect, I will lock this thread and end discussion of it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)