Old School Gaming

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Dynamic, heavy and powerful rock themes. 11 music tracks.
  • As far as nostalgic games go, some of my favorites include (in no order and not limited to)...

• Wrestlemania 2000 (N64)
    • Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PSX)
    • Mortal Kombat II (NES)
    • Doom II (PC)
    • Super Mario All-Stars (SNES)
    • Shatter Hand (NES)
    • Castlevania (NES)
    • Mega Man (NES)
    • Zelda II: Link's Adventure (NES)
    • Metroid (NES)
  • This reminds me... Doom II:Hell on Earth needs to be added to my list as well.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Golden Axe still unbeaten

• Excite bike was the first game I had to blow in to make it work

I was a huge fan of the Road Rash series on Genesis and PS1...

I never understood why people like Mortal Kombat, those games sucks so bad. The controls are awful and it looked so rigid comparing to Street Fighter...

Double Dragon 2 anyone? How many time did you pushed Abobo from the helicopter before fighting Arnold on the secret base?

• System Shock 2. That thing was insanely good for its time. And the plot twist was jaw-dropping, something never seen before in gaming IIRC.

• I never understood why people like Mortal Kombat, those games sucks so bad. The controls are awful and it looked so rigid comparing to Street Fighter...

uhh.. maybe because it's a fun game?

Seriously, some of us weren't so exclusively minded that we couldn't enjoy both Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat. Each game had their merits.

Talking old-school console here, MK for Sega Genesis, Street Fighter for SNES:

+ Mortal Kombat had that rotoscoped art style which made each fighter's movement incredibly fluid when compared to the two or three frames that SF might use for a given attack.

+ Street Fighter had a deeper and more technical combat system.

Mortal Kombat also had the better movie (not that *that's* saying much but still). :p

• I used to love street fighter!

I´m curious, but is it still being developed or did the series end?

• Beaverlicious

Both fighting franchises are still going strong. Street fighter 4 is the latest one with SF5 in the works.

• I guess i need to check these out, to renew my childhood!

• I got picked on at school for this but the first console game I owned, and the first game I loved, was Croc: Legend of the Gobbos.

The music, atmosphere and gameplay were just incredible. Even now I can probably play that game from the start and enjoy every second.

As for first PC game it would probably be Simon the Sorcerer and the Discworld games. Ah the days when we would have to phone the "Hint Hotline" written at the back of the manual for clues on how to complete the game .

• Mine would Have to be Gran Turismo 1 and Tekken 2 (Ps1),

And PC Would be Multiplayer at School Quake 2 (Primary) And Unreal Tournament 2003 (High School)

PS Croc was awesome, Loved both of them

• Grew up with Commodore 64 and Sega systems until I got N64 and it's been Nintendo since.

First games I can remember:

-Monkey Island 1&2 - I played this game over and over, never got bored of it. Always gonna be a gem.

-Commander Keen

-Jazz the Jack Rabbit (Sonic clone for PC. popular mid 90's I think)

-Wonder Boy

-Sonic 1&2 (rip sonic games)

-Super Contra - Played at my cousins house, he had the Nintendo systems. We would get so adrenaline pumped from this game.

• I have played various games on my NES with my brother while I'm 5 until 7. I'm also have Gran Turismo 1 and 2, and any other PS1 games on my brother's friend's (and my in-law brother's younger brother's) PS1 system and GT3 and PES on my brother's friend's PS2 system.

• Excite bike was the first game I had to blow in to make it work

I was a huge fan of the Road Rash series on Genesis.

Double Dragon 2 anyone? How many time did you pushed Abobo from the helicopter before fighting Arnold on the secret base?

I'm a little late to the party here, but I do remember and when I fire up the old DD2, I still push them out. Best co op game.

• All super mario games, legend of zelda, kid larcus, yoshi's island, super metroid Man, so many good old games!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)