Would you use this tool?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Complete the collection by purchasing Trailer Force - Cinematic Sound Effects Tool Kit Pt.2: Drones
  • Not seen many tools for adding shadows to sprites/sprite sheets images.

I made the following with C2, would you use it?

Works on single images and single row sprite strips.

Doesn't need webgl.

• I use Blender so not really.

But People who use Spriter, and render still frames would love it i am sure!

I really like how you have a blur control for the penumbra.

You could flip the shadow images too, to make so it seems like the light is coming from behind them.

Great worl, i am sure it will be a very popular tool.

• jojoe

'You could flip the shadow images too, to make so it seems like the light is coming from behind them'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The shadow can be flipped but it increases the the size of the exported image.

Thanks for feedback though.

• As a post process, yeah it would be useful, especially for someone who doesn't know how to create their own.

Otherwise you can do it in Ps, and Gimp, where the images might be made to begin with.

You might yell at Ashley to try to get a way to integrate something like that into C3.

• Somebody made a shader for this, but it does not wok as nicely as Chrisbob's one:

People can do this in real time too, by using the Set color effect to Black, the a blur, and set the opacity to like 25%

That is what we did with Blender game engine before the stencyl shadow feature was introduced. We smashed a copy of the model, colored it black.

This way the shadow was animated.

• newt

I'm suprised that C2 doesnt already have something like this as a standard plugin, I think Gamemaker has a Webgl shader that render shadows.

joejoe

Not 100% sure, but I think somebodys webgl effect only works on layers.

• Photoline has a very nice 3d shadow layer effect that does exactly this, and even provides curve-based control for the softness. The effect can be dragged with the mouse in the view, and allows for back-lighted shadows as well. And the shadow can be filled with a gradient, texture, pattern too!

• i dont understand what this does but if it make a shadow for the sprites then ofcourse I NEED IT!

Could u please put the download link please?

• i dont understand what this does but if it make a shadow for the sprites then ofcourse I NEED IT!

Could u please put the download link please?

Basically it is doing this:

https://mega.nz/#!UIA1XBRA!MhmuMro-jTHD ... Vax9l5NZBk

Just make a black copy of your sprites, scale them, and add blur and reduce opacity.

• jojoe

'Just make a black copy of your sprites, scale them, and add blur and reduce opacity'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wish it was that easy? give me a bit more credit !

My example-

Your example-

• Rayek

'Photoline has a very nice 3d shadow layer effect '

Looks like a really good image editor, is there any tutorials/examples for creating drop shadows with the software.

• Well, i did not make the opacity change or the blur in my first example, i fixed it :

https://mega.nz/#!0UJyyJJK!JyIBtlZHgcv3 ... dcjOnR0N9g

basically i just change a copy of the sprite to black, Scale it a little bit, and reduce the opacity,

• Looks better with the blur.

• chrisbrobs ok if this is an 3rd party programs then could u please give me the downlaod link?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I am still working on it....couple of things need tweeking.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)