Visual Studio Code

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
This music pack covers differents situations for visual novels, anime games and many more!
  • For those who have not tried it, may I suggest you give the open source VS Code a try? It's my new favourite text editor, not only because it is easy on the eye but it can present (via autocomplete) all variables that have been declared for the object you are dealing with....

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I use brackets for web dev, the live preview is just too good.

Atom is also very good and extensible, just as good as vs code; and then I use notepad++ to quickly open any files.

Good times for development!

• Once you go Notepad, you never go back.

I'm talking about that function that allows you to duplicate lines at a split second, the mighty CTRL+D.

Or, what about that super combination of CTRL+SHIFT+ALT, which allows you to do a vertical selection.

Or that CTRL+SHIFT+Q, which comments the selection.

Even better, what about that CTRL+ALT+M combination which formats your Javascript code and beautifies it.

I can go all day long.

In short, there is no IDE or text editor which comes close to Notepad++.

• notnsane - brackets looks good as well.

X3M - I might have to bow to your superior coding experience - I was attracted by some of the TypeScript functionality that VSC supports (namely the auto-complete and error highlighting functionality in the video at the bottom of the TypeScript.org front page, from 7 min 30 sec).

Happy days for coders, especially beginners like me .

• Once you go Notepad, you never go back.

I'm talking about that function that allows you to duplicate lines at a split second, the mighty CTRL+D.

Or, what about that super combination of CTRL+SHIFT+ALT, which allows you to do a vertical selection.

Or that CTRL+SHIFT+Q, which comments the selection.

Even better, what about that CTRL+ALT+M combination which formats your Javascript code and beautifies it.

I can go all day long.

In short, there is no IDE or text editor which comes close to Notepad++.

You can do all that in atom and brackets via plugins! Emmet for example, it's a great tool for web devs: http://emmet.io/

If those IDEs don't have that, you can always code them and implement via plugin. Personally, for web dev, Brackets is GODLY. Atom is more suited for backends and stuff, and I guess Notepad++ can do most things that Atom can, BUT Atom is hackable: You can edit its GUI via CSS.

They're all powerful tools.

• X3M - Word! I've been using Notepad++ only for HTML, CSS and JS the past few years and I have never needed anything else. I use it both at home and at work. It is a bit basic, but I find that to be a good thing. I prefer to have less features, since that means less GUI clutter and I can actually focus on the code better.

notnsane - Notepad++ is also customizable, although I believe it's a bit more limited than Atom.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)