Installation builder

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
City builder
$19.99 USD
Template for city builder, fully documented in comment and video
  • Here's one for those of you who are planning on exporting for Windows desktop.

I was doing some digging around for installation builders and came across Inno Setup. I downloaded it and tried it out and was very impressed with how it turned out: very professional installer and highly customisable. Options for wizard-based or hand-scripted. Worked perfectly with a node-webkit exported game.

It also includes options to create a desktop icon, include a web link in the installed Start Menu folder, and even comes with an uninstaller.

Oh, and it's free!

The only thing wrong I can find with it is that it doesn't seem to have any sort of version control. It just always installs over the app if it's already installed. Still, it's a hell of a lot more professional than shipping a zip file.

• It is easy to monetize too ;) Try for example Better instaler monetize system :P

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I have 2 choices of installation builder I know:

-Indigo Rose Setup Factory

-Clickteam Install Creator

• I never seen this before, it is a nice looking application!

I have had to use NullSoft's NSIS in the past, and it is not very user friendly.

nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page

• I use Flexera InstallShield professionally, it's costly at around ?400 for the express editions.

Haven't tried any free alternatives but I must admit the Inno Setup looks ideal for simple Construct packages...

It seems to have been pretty consistently developed over the last 8 years too, which is nice

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)