IGB Phase #2 - Character Creation Kit & Kickstarter

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Build your own spaceship with the various components in the pack
  • If you remember back in the day, I aimed to create the best graphics creation kit ever for users of Construct 2. It's entering it's final stage. So I don't have post a link, Just hit Kickstarter and search Indie Graphics Builder 2. It will pop right up.

Here are the coolest things about IGB Phase 2:

1) An animated character creation kit - The most requested item I got

2) Steam support - So you can download all your graphics from IGB phase 1 & 2 (they invited me!) That's crazy, because this is the first non-game, non-software item on steam to my knowledge. This will allow for faster updates and delivery.

* Steam not your thing, there will be a site you log in to download everything.It would be best to watch the video from the link, but here are two screenshots to quench your eyes.

(many possibilities from the many pieces)

(1 spaceship made from over 3000 pieces)

• I do remember seeing this way back when. I think this would come in handy for some of my projects.

I was clicking around the site and didn't see a price anywhere for the whole pack. Wasn't is like $200 post early adoption?

• I do remember seeing this way back when. I think this would come in handy for some of my projects.

I was clicking around the site and didn't see a price anywhere for the whole pack. Wasn't is like $200 post early adoption?

It's fluctuated because of sales from $80 to $200. With Steam support that also allowed me to bring the price in general for it way down. Because some people help supported the project before, I put a special limited tier on the kickstarter at the cheapest price I could muster ($90 for around 20,000 - 30,000 graphics depending on kickstarter funding)

The IGB was taken off my main site awhile ago cause I didn't want people to buy it then realize there is a great discount now on the Kickstarter. That's the only place you can find it.

• I was one of the backers for the original pack, and I can vouch for this guy. Most of the assets he produced were great, and I have no doubts the new content will be good as well. I'd definitely jump in before the $89 tier runs out.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I was one of the backers for the original pack, and I can vouch for this guy. Most of the assets he produced were great, and I have no doubts the new content will be good as well. I'd definitely jump in before the $89 tier runs out.

Thank you for your kind words. I'm happy to say there are 4 of us making art now, and because of this and Steam, I'm hoping things won't be so rushed. This was the case last time, and some of the assets could have been a little better.

• Freakin sweet! Say, when you back at the $89 level, do you get immediate access to the IGB #1?

That seems like a super sweet deal you guys have got going on there.

• Yes, the $89 bundle is for IGB 1 as well and a Steam key to download everything. I'm setting up the Steam page during and after the kickstarter (it's surprisingly complicated for me), so hopefully soon you'll be able to download everything.

• Sweet deal! Definitely backing this very soon. Would help make my life so much easier, especially when IGB 1 is ready for download.

• I loved the ship and weapons parts in the first pack, but I have to be honest, I found the platformer tiles to be very low quality. Unless there was an update after I bought the first pack. Most of the tile sets I could never use in a game that I would share publicly. Not trying to knock it or anything, just hoping that the tiles in #2 are leaps and bounds better. The weapons and ships pretty much made the first pack worth the price anyway.

• I buy frequently from Graphics for Games... Great Stuff !

• We have 4 artists working on this one. Last time just me and a relative doing everything and I always felt rushed. This time we are working longer on specific styles so assets will work better together. Expect alot of pixel art. I like the fact we can take our time and release updates on steam. Before, I had to email everyone the updates, it was a pain.

There have been several people that have emailed me and said they sold there games with the assets, so I was happy to see it worked for some people first time around.

Here is a sample of the animated icon pack I'm making:

Remember, just a sample. There are alot more pieces then that =D You can see how I'm making things in pieces as much as possible with the bottle, candle, and chest.

• An absolute must have. Just pledged. Hope this gets funded, could be a major resource for the community.

• Hopefully this time there will be 2D tilesets that aren't strictly super low res and pixelated... I would take a good look at http://kenney.nl/assets for a great example of how non-pixel art tilesets can be made to look great.

• looking great

• I love the idea of this project!

I have also thought about adding customization options for each body part to my project, InDee Toons (also on Kickstarter), but this seems to be a lot easier for pixel art.

Great idea, good luck to you!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)