.exe professional

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Professional Voiceover of a shopkeeper in your game. Multiple Voices!
  • As we all now,export via node-webkit makes some dll files which is necessary for it to run,this may look unprofessional for small games.So I want something which can compile all these files to one exe.(Not an installer).Do you know anything like this?

I can't search for google because I don't know what keyword to search for.

• As we all now,export via node-webkit makes some dll files which is necessary for it to run,this may look unprofessional for small games.So I want something which can compile all these files to one exe.(Not an installer).Do you know anything like this?

I can't search for google because I don't know what keyword to search for.

Is it really a problem if the user is aware of multiple files being present? I mean that's the case for most games.

There are ways and applications that can do such a thing (google for "package dll in exe" for example), but I believe if the dlls are just packaged the files will have to be extracted again when the game is run.

• I think every "professional" game have some dll's. It's quite normal for game engine to load libraries from external files.

Like PixelRebirth said. It's not a problem and you should not worry about that.

• Most users probably don't care at all about what files the game uses, so long as the game works.

If it's a small game, consider web publishing instead!

• While playing with winrar,I got this:

1-Create a sfx.

2-sfx options

3-Run game.exe after execution

4-Use temp mode,

Simple,can also assign an icon,

• I believe .sfx format/extension only works with winrar (and possibly registered winrar), making it so that any user who doesn't own winrar can't simply execute/play your game.

Once again, it doesn't matter to have several dll/files, to me a single exe has always been more suspicious then several files.

• Intel has a tool that will create an installation package for your node-webkit games. I forget where it is, I found it a few months ago. Search for node-webkit + install + intel on google

• There is also this one: http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php that someone recommended for creating installers for Node-Webkit apps. I haven't tried it yet, but it may be a place to start!

• Might be able to do something with 7zip as a self extracting exe.

• You are wrong,Anyone can execute it,it's in .exe format.

BluePhaze thank you,I have been looking for a software like this for sometime now

newt what does that signature mean?

• Just satire, on where I'm stuck at.

• I have developed some interesting workflow for creating standalone from HTML5 games that do not require any installation or registry mods. I benchmarked it on XP and Win7 and results were the same: it has 6X faster framerate than Adobe Air. So ironically I called it Helium The concept is very simple, yet effective and provide what you need. It ends up being not 100% perfect (the taskbar icon is a browser one) but everything else is ok. It plays full-screen and your game will run identically as in Chrome. Good for Windows only. If anybody is interested, let me know: exotyktechnologies -AT- gmail -DOT- com

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • nuganx

We already have a Chromium solution, and your post looks a bit like spam since its not on topic.

• I think I recall a mention of Helium on another forum, but long lost track of that posting.

newt is right NodeWebKit is pretty good, and personally most big games have DLL and many small indie games have DLL. This is just a small subejctive matter. Though personally I don'tthink your post sounds like spam

• Check with sqiddster as he seems to have gotten a windows installer for the Node-Webkit version of Airscape. You can see an example from his demo on this thread: https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=148&t=89820

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)