Quality PAID Work for C2 Developers - Hiring Now!

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • I'm interested.

Please send me a private message with typical pay rates.

thanks a lot

• xeed, we will be doing original games in about a month. email me at jameszyw@faceyspacey.com if you'd like to join us. Cloning games are a great place to start since it's basically impossible get the spec wrong. Then by the time you do one game, we'll have original games for you to make if that interests you more.

• Still need devs? I could use some money while my game isnt developed 100%

• anyone else interested?

I'm interested, but I do not have a lot of finished games. What about the test task?

• allxumuk don't worry, the games aren't too complicated. Just signup at http://www.c2linkit.com, and join us. There's a signup link on that page.

same for you brother

• Don't want to be "that guy" but did someone actually did something and get paid for that? ;)

• I already get paid for this. Its all depend on your skills and how many you can do.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I have a question about one of the dev standards. It says;

"Don't let the game's execution depend on any sound action/event, example, if you use the event "On sound ended" start game, this can cause a game to not function on devices/browsers because of the sound issues on the browser/device."

However I notice that a lot of the games have VO like 'move to the 10th floor' where the floor number is randomized. I assume the sound is created by playing a 'move to the' sound clip followed by a 'Xth floor' sound clip picked depending on the floor number.

How do we achieve this without relying on sound events? I mean I guess we could include a single sound file of every variation but that would increase download size. Or we could time the sound and include a timer, but then if the sound doesn't start immediately or for whatever other reason there is a slight delay, they will get out of sync.

• Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Every game I've looked at has some drawn-out tutorial with VO and automation which pretty much turned me off from he whole thing. Very tedious :\

• wgfunstorm: The reason why we made that comment, was because the audio events aren't supported in all the browsers, ipad and appmobi. So if you added the event "Preloads Complete" and then set "Start Game" var, your game will never function on some browsers,Ipad and AppMobi. What we did in most of the games, lets say you want something to happen after the sound has played; we would play the sound, and start a timer or wait the duration of the sound, before executing the action, or whatever you want to do after the sound has played. So use the duration of the sound as timer value or wait time.

• Sorry for the late response. I've been busy with work and a couple projects of my own. I didn't get a chance to look at your games, but your explanation seems fair, and it looks like you already have several talented devs working for you. If I had more free time, and a better knowledge of construct 2 (I'm just now starting to work with today), I would definitely throw my hat Into the ring.

I wish you and the devs involved the best of luck with it.

• I�ve already get paid for this and those guys are solid. ;]

• FYI --- There are no games listed here. At least not when I checked. And there is no easy way to delete your account.

So either this is finished, idle, I had bad timing, or it's bogus.

• teahousemoon

Bad timing. There are a few games assigned to inactive devs, so they may be unassigned at some point.

Then I understand even more games are on the way.

• newt

Understood, I'll give it another shot at some point. I hope it doesn't appear that I was intending to bash the source, simply that it was empty upon my arrival.

Thanks for your response!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)