Proof of Concept Paid

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
  • I have an idea for a game that I believe could be a hit but before going further, I need to prove it can work.

To this end I am looking for someone to create this as a proof of concept that would serve as a testing ground for it's future development (or not as the case maybe).

What I need is a C2 capx, that when run;

Prompts for no of players to max of 5.

On entering no of players, the game constructs a grid based on each player having a 10 x 10 block of squares. Each square being 32 x 32 pixels. (for theme think Holodeck Star Trek).

Each player has an EP (Energy) of 100 each displayed.

Play starts at random, players double click squares to move around, each square costing 10 EP.

The idea is a turn based strategy.

There is more but this is all that is needed and without giving too much away.

Please state your hourly rate.

• I am interested in trying this... but I have a question...

Input of the player is how?

Hot-seat?

on different devices?

also pricing, I don't really have an hourly rate that is standard...

I would be willing to negotiation, as in a 1 time fee... regardless of time spent... (PM me and we can talk)

Main thing is the player input...

Thanks

Justin

• Hey thanks for responding.

Input of the player is mouse clicks, they click squares in a grid to move around, I guess the same could be done with touch or keyboard.

As it is simple movement on a grid, yes I don't see why it could not be played on different devices.

• What he means is if the game is online multiplayer or hot-seat?

• Thank you Remus B

The intention is for it to be an online multiplayer.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I have an idea for a game that I believe could be a hit but before going further, I need to prove it can work.

To this end I am looking for someone to create this as a proof of concept that would serve as a testing ground for it's future development (or not as the case maybe).

What I need is a C2 capx, that when run;

Prompts for no of players to max of 5.

On entering no of players, the game constructs a grid based on each player having a 10 x 10 block of squares. Each square being 32 x 32 pixels. (for theme think Holodeck Star Trek).

Each player has an EP (Energy) of 100 each displayed.

Play starts at random, players double click squares to move around, each square costing 10 EP.

The idea is a turn based strategy.

There is more but this is all that is needed and without giving too much away.

Please state your hourly rate.

based on what u said it should be possible, it will need some event lines but not to serios coding, as for online multiplayer base, if something is possible in offline mode will be on online multiplayer base, just i dont know how to set it up

oh wait this is a job offer, ... was thinking you just wanted to ask so you can build it yourself its not that big of a deal its actually easy to do u dont need to hire someone its a matter of linking the multiplayer base to show other players what your character changes have done thats all

• This is my question, are they all gonna be hot-seat for now?

or are you asking for a completely setup, online multiplayer?

creating a simple, each browser is a different player is easier then setting up a entire setup...

also a bit more detail on movement, can you move diagonal?

Thanks

Justin / ~Ant

• I hope this answers your question - for now as a concept, I'd be interested in each browser as a different player

Yes diagonal movement is allowed.

There are just 2 types of 'piece' A and B, A can move unlimited but each position has a cost that comes off a total for the players turn.

B can move 1 square at a time in any one turn.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)