[Paid Request] Cordova Firebase plugin (Cocoon)

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Hi,

I'm looking for a developer who can make a construct 2 plugin for firebase.

The cordova counterpart is already available on github.

https://github.com/arnesson/cordova-plugin-firebase

So "only" a construct 2 plugin is needed to use the github repo. Please, if someone is able to do this,

tell me the price and estimated time for this job.

Thank you!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello AndreasR,

I would like to help.

In very nominal cost.

Add me over Skype ID: cis.ron or send me an email

Looking for your reply.

Regards,

Ron A.

• Hello AndreasR,

I would like to help.

In very nominal cost.

Add me over Skype ID: cis.ron or send me an email

Looking for your reply.

Regards,

Ron A.

I sent you an email.

Thanks!

• Any update on this?

• A bit of a double post but did this go anywhere?

• A bit of a double post but did this go anywhere?

Nope, no progress on that. I'm currently switching to Unity because of this matter.

Regards

Andy

• Hi Andy,

I just saw your post and would be able to help you out.

You can reach me on

Best Wishes

Andrew

• I'd help fund this. AndreasR any news?

• Hello.

I could make it for a reasonable price. Although, I don't get what you guys want from that cordova plugin.

The features it has are basically only push notifications, analytics, event tracking and crash reporting.

It doesn't read or write.

You still have to implement the Firebase Database and FireStore features.

Although, I can still do this. It is just very complicated and it won't be cheap.

If you want to hire me as a developer for this.

1. Visit me on the Discord Server : Construct Community
    2. I am one of the member : 'ChadoriXD'
    3. Invite Link :

discord.gg/G3N57fG

Have a nice day!

• AndreasR

Draconiz717

Groovybomb

OhhBaby

BXGEN

If any of you are still interested in this, please let me/chadorire know. I'm trying to get it funded.

• Crowdfunding isn't a bad idea, let me know once you gut a campaign up!

Best,

Andy

• AndreasR

Not so much crowdfunding as finding a developer and joint hiring them. So maybe crowd funding lol. However, after talking with Chadori, it seem the issue is a bit harder than we hope. Canvas+ doesn't support websockets, so even with a cordova plugin this may not work. See more here:

forums.cocoon.io/t/cloud-saves-with-canvas/8190

• AndreasR

Not so much crowdfunding as finding a developer and joint hiring them. So maybe crowd funding lol. However, after talking with Chadori, it seem the issue is a bit harder than we hope. Canvas+ doesn't support websockets, so even with a cordova plugin this may not work. See more here:

https://forums.cocoon.io/t/cloud-saves-with-canvas/8190

Now I got it. Well this is a limitation by canvas+, but not by Cocoon at all. WebView+ also can offer good performance. And if there was a working firebase plugin for cordova, I would switch to WebView+.

It always depends on your game. Canvas+ isn't the answer to all performance problems ;)

Best

Andy

• I actually said that Cordova Firebase might really work since Cocoon.IO multiplayer works on Canvas+ because it is made as a Cordova Plugin. Although, I didn't test it yet, so I can't be certain.

To be honest though, I don't really recommend Firebase that much. Unless you want to rush into making and finishing your game and avoid programming. And use the most feature-packed and available, back-end service. Then it is more than fine.

There is GameSparks with a plugin. It is similar to Firebase but it is more focused on games unlike Firebase. There is a plugin, although it is kind of limited. So, you'd still have to code in JavaScript, to extend the limited capabilities of the plugin.

I currently use PlayFab, although, this is purely using it through Javascript. There is no plugin for it.

I don't think PlayFab is practical to make a plugin of. It is very volatile and might change anytime and the reference list is long just like Firebase.

Out of all, I would recommend to use PlayFab but you are going to have to fully use JavaScript to implement this.

There is GameSparks, nearly the same as PlayFab. And also like PlayFab, it is designed for games. We do have a plugin for this on Construct 2 but it is limited.

So, you still have to use JavaScript to extend the features but minimally.

But if you have little experience in programming or in a rush to develop your game. Then, Firebase is fine. Since, it have so many libraries/plugins online even a few are available on Construct.

• Thanks for the additional info and suggestions. I mostly went with firebase because it's free, and covers the feature I needed very easily. I'm only using it for cloud saves. I'll look into the other services though.

I'm confused how you guys are getting ok performance with webview+: compared to canvas it runs awful and all sounds are delayed by 1-2 seconds, it's unplayable.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)