$100 job (A.I. pathing help)

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hello,

I need someone to teach me how to make my 2 A.I. enemies find the players, wherever they may be. The game is not a top down game, nor is it a platformer. It's sort of a 2D side-scroller type of game. The level itself has multiple floors that the players can go to. There are multiple exits and entrances into each area. There is no need to program the enemies to jump. I only need the enemies to go on a patrol throughout the level, and a second option would be to hunt the players down wherever they are.

The level is full of ladders and slope bridges. No jumping required. Players can go left, right, and up/down (using ladders). Let me know if this can be done. If so, PM me, or reply to this post and we can go from there.

• I switched from game maker to construct after getting stuck with a physics problem.

• : I cannot reply to your message because i don't have enough reputation. Please message me on FB or steam. I still need help.

• : I cannot reply to your message because i don't have enough reputation. Please message me on FB or steam. I still need help.

• read above message

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Blinx123 above

• I cannot reply to messages, due to my reputation level being too low. So, I can only suggest that you contact my through FB or Steam. The job is still available. I sort of had an agreement with one user, but I have yet to hear back from him. So, as far as I can say, the job is up for grabs until someone actually gives me what I need. Then, the payment will go to that person.

• MonkeyDLuffy just try to keep posting on forum,but don't make a spam until you get reached 10 posts maybe,or 20 posts

• Sounds pretty straightforward:

if player.x < enemy.x - enemy move left

if player.x > enemy.x - enemy move right

if player.y < enemy.Y and enemy is over ladder - enemy climb up ladder

if player.y > enemy.Y and enemy is over ladder - enemy climb down ladder

probably should have some stuff happen when colliding with walls and so on, but seems to me these are the basics, right?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)