What would be your dream game (to make)?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Use your imagination and build your dream house!
  • ... a game that makes me so much money, that I can spent the rest of my life making the games I want without disturbing things like...jobs....

Who doesn't dream of that?

• My ultimate game is one that has been rattling around in my brain for years. It would be set in an underground lab and you would start off my creating a very simple monster that would begin life in an incubation tube.

You would choose from a list of basic abilities and would be assigned a random weakness and try to escape the lab. Every time I see a monster in a movie that is just human science gone wrong, I always sympathize with the monster. People made it that way, then they keep it locked up and experiment on it!

I would love if the game would start off small, being played mostly as a sneaking game, and end up a huge city-levelling Godzilla romp.

• ... a game that makes me so much money, that I can spent the rest of my life making the games I want without disturbing things like...jobs....

Aint that the truth!

• Haha, yeah! If I ever make one of these wonder-games, feel free to come to me with good ideas

PS: 600 post btw... time really flies....while making games

• My ultimate game is one that has been rattling around in my brain for years. It would be set in an underground lab and you would start off my creating a very simple monster that would begin life in an incubation tube.

You would choose from a list of basic abilities and would be assigned a random weakness and try to escape the lab. Every time I see a monster in a movie that is just human science gone wrong, I always sympathize with the monster. People made it that way, then they keep it locked up and experiment on it!

I would love if the game would start off small, being played mostly as a sneaking game, and end up a huge city-levelling Godzilla romp.

that would be awesome. kinda like a survival game meets Rampage game.

• Some kind of hybrid between the good old 2D beat em ups and MMORPG fighting mechanics, with both Cooperative and Versus modes...Well, now that I think of it, just a much more brainy version of Dragon's Crown, or a sidescrolling Diablo III without the mad loot loop

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Honest dream game?

a 3D platformer like Rayman 2 or Psychonauts.

It's a genre that sadly died out, replaced with 3rd person shooters.

• a platformer like super meat boy with megaman elements

• Hasuak - What are you building your game in? I am super into Telltale games these days!

I'm making it on Visionaire Studio. It's pretty good, but still flawed on some aspects. One thing that really irks me is that I can't make the characters turn around before moving. Instead they just flip instantly to the clicked direction and start moving. It's possible to fix with programming but I don't have any skills on that area. It's a pain to be an artist and want to make a game because these engines that don't require programming are usually so limited.

Scirra I'm leaving for simpler games because a game with tons of dialogue trees and such can become quite a mess fast in it.

• A mix of Elder Scrolls with Legend of Zelda.

• Hasuak - What are you building your game in? I am super into Telltale games these days!

I'm making it on Visionaire Studio. It's pretty good, but still flawed on some aspects. One thing that really irks me is that I can't make the characters turn around before moving. Instead they just flip instantly to the clicked direction and start moving. It's possible to fix with programming but I don't have any skills on that area. It's a pain to be an artist and want to make a game because these engines that don't require programming are usually so limited.

Scirra I'm leaving for simpler games because a game with tons of dialogue trees and such can become quite a mess fast in it.

Is C2 appropriate for dialogue driven games? My next project is a puzzle platformer with NPCs, each with their own dialogue trees. idk if I should use C2 for that and I've only made one game so far.

• Is C2 appropriate for dialogue driven games? My next project is a puzzle platformer with NPCs, each with their own dialogue trees. idk if I should use C2 for that and I've only made one game so far.

It's good for dialogue-driven games, but I don't know if there's any tools for platforming. I'd recommend you to stay in C2 if you're going for anything that requires more than clicking on things and slowly moving from place A to place B.

• Call of Duty, without a doubt!

• Something as good as Diablo 2 LoD. Or an old school shooter, like DooM or Quake

• Maybe not my ultimate, but.. if we're talking C2 capable then a Rogue-like. There are some good ones but I wish I'd written WazHack Great gameplay, balance.. visuals could do with a tweak but quite good (a Unity game).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)