What do you use for creating game tiles

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Piano tiles
$9.99 USD
Template for a piano tiles game, fully documented in comments and video
  • cesisco That is pretty damn awesome! Any way to add slopes, jump throughs and moving platforms using that method? Or would you use the auto tile to make the base, then add the extras the traditional way?

cesisco That is pretty damn awesome! Any way to add slopes, jump throughs and moving platforms using that method? Or would you use the auto tile to make the base, then add the extras the traditional way?

BluePhaze, you can do it both ways, what i do is,i place my terrain(just 1 square sprite) in C2 editor(not in runtime like in the example)and then the bitwise method checks each neighbour and apply the right texture for each sprite.You can have multiple types of terrains)rocks, grass, snow, underground, etc).

The other elements you can place them randomly(like the trees and flowers in the example)or manually,depending on how much control you need in the level design.I think this method is so much faster than placing everything manually.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • jojoe i bought Drawplus 4 years ago because it was in a sale, and i think it has the best interface of all vectorial applications and a very powerfull effect section.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)