Success Stories on C2

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • Made a few hundred already with this game: Flappy Sperm <- Took me 4hrs to make with my own art!

And next to nothing with this: Ninja Legacy <- 8 months to make!!

I haven't spent any $ on marketing at all. But Flappy Sperm doesn't need it, it markets itself due to the Flappy Fad.

Waiting for Intel XDK to support AdMob and Google Store, then releasing Ninja Legacy Free, and then market it.

Making a third game now its coming along very nice, an epic space sci-fi sandbox rpg/rts: http://halfgeekstudios.wordpress.com/

Success is a far far away proposition though, but I will keep trying.

• Hi,

I agree with SharpedX and Would be interesting know how this world work and read about the experiences of the people when put a game on the market.

• How did you even make a few hundred on your flappy game. Through ads? I'm kinda dumb in regards to making money with stuff unless it's contract work.

• jayderyu Yep just a single Banner Ad 350 x 50 on bottom. I get an average of $2 per 1000 impressions for the past month, surprisingly good.

Also I've learnt its a mistake as a no-name indie dev to release a Paid App on Android, even if its $0.99, without prior hype and spending a lot of $ on marketing. Freemium is a must for any bigger App. These days even big studios have a hard time selling many paid Apps. It seems the consumers are so used to and ingrained that they expect Apps to be free.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for the heads up. Though I do believe that X-Com is doing well. I'm just surprised that your are getting so many hits to make a few hudnred dollars... yeesh I gotta get stuff out.

Now is this on iOS and Android or just one or the other?

• Wow, there are some guys who made some money with this i wish someday to create a game and sell tons of copies n_n.

• jayderyu From what I've seen I am not surprised, rather it should be doing even better.. because there's other Flappy Sperm clones and they have 5 times my downloads! I actually made a mistake when I released it, I called it Flappy Spermie (thinking Flappy Sperm would be too crude....), but then another dude released Flappy Sperm, and became the #1 search result for that. My game was like #25 or so on the search list for ppl typing "Flappy Sperm" or even "Sperm".. I recently changed the title and now its #2 on the search result and getting lots of users.

I would guess the other clone, with over 100K downloads, is now probably making $100 a day in Ads.

The more popular Flappy Clones with over 1M downloads, talking about $1000 a day in revenue with just 1 banner Ad, some of them have entry and exit Ads also..

So ultimately all this talk of lack of successful games with C2 on mobiles, its a wash, because its entirely dependent on you to make a game that lots of people play! It's also about luck and good marketing.

• I know you must pay money to put your ads on websites, Not get money from it. So how did you do it?

• I managed to get around £40 so far with my Bowls app. I released as a free version initially, when I updated it I created a LITE and paid version at Android minimum price. I have 80 downloads for the paid version since published on 6th March. My free version has almost 4000k downloads since last October. I did setup Admob / Mopub in my LITE version a months ago. That has only generated estimated £8 since then. I have not setup payments out for either yet and the Abmod you need to get alot higher amount before they pay anything out.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ygames.smb

Not amazing success story but as a C2 is just a spare time hobby I am fairly happy with the results so far =P

I've not spend any money on advertising / promoting kind of thing. Just on a few bowls forums posting details of my free app. It comes up fairly high on the Google store listing now when on Sports games / New Paid Apps =)

Any thing I get from it I just see as some spending money =)

• Made a few hundred already with this game: Flappy Sperm <- Took me 4hrs to make with my own art!

And next to nothing with this: Ninja Legacy <- 8 months to make!!

I haven't spent any $ on marketing at all. But Flappy Sperm doesn't need it, it markets itself due to the Flappy Fad.

Waiting for Intel XDK to support AdMob and Google Store, then releasing Ninja Legacy Free, and then market it.

Making a third game now its coming along very nice, an epic space sci-fi sandbox rpg/rts: http://halfgeekstudios.wordpress.com/

Success is a far far away proposition though, but I will keep trying.

Cool graphics man... are you doing it alone? i'm dying without good graphics

• Cool graphics man... are you doing it alone? i'm dying without good graphics

Mostly solo. Had to self taught art and animation. Construct 2 is great, because I wasted about two months trying to self teach JAVA and using AndEngine.

• I have made $22k from my html5 games selling them exclusively not a huuge success but it is something

• I have made $22k from my html5 games selling them exclusively not a huuge success but it is something

Thats already quite rewarding, I'd imagine $22K is no small change in many countries in the world. Keep going and you know what they say, success breeds more success!

• I know you must pay money to put your ads on websites, Not get money from it. So how did you do it?

I think he means putting adverts on his games. Kinda like how you can make money from your free games on GameJolt and having people play them.

So ultimately all this talk of lack of successful games with C2 on mobiles, its a wash, because its entirely dependent on you to make a game that lots of people play! It's also about luck and good marketing.

In this area I think people mean bringing bigger games with lots of complex things going on to mobiles (or WebGL heavy FX use). It's still possible to make games for mobile sure, but not all games port over so nicely.

• I made a few dollars and got a thousand views with this game: http://usiga.vlexofree.com/game5.php

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)