Perpetual Motion Game Idea!

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Complete the collection by purchasing Motion Universe Pt. 2
  • I don't know who created that but it is genius and took a lot of work and gave me an idea for a sandbox game where the player must design a perpetual motion machine using various parts provided to get a ball with physics and gravity to complete a circuit ending back where it started in a continual loop.

It would be a neat game and good way to introduce kids and adults to physics.

I have too many projects in the works now so I thought I would throw this up there to inspire some other creative people.

• google.com/webhp

Yup I figured that is where it came from. Lots of creativity in that design.

Thanks.

• Pretty sure physics would be a bit overwhelmed at that scale, but bullets might work.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Pretty sure physics would be a bit overwhelmed at that scale, but bullets might work.

Well I wasn't thinking of anything that complicated so I think physics would work. Just components that move the ball in different ways like I use in my pinball games. The user would have to set the components so the ball goes through a continuous cycle.

I think it can be done but it would be some work. I may give it a try if no one else does.

• Sounds like a nice idea. Is it like you have to get the ball from point A to B by using least amount of parts or most (most would make it a hard game) or just free build and you got to make a loop with the parts you got?

• Sounds like a nice idea. Is it like you have to get the ball from point A to B by using least amount of parts or most (most would make it a hard game) or just free build and you got to make a loop with the parts you got?

Yes from point to point or back to the start so it runs continually.

I will make up some simple components for people to play with this weekend and throw it up on the arcade.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)