0 Favourites

my game jams (with capx source)

• I'll keep updating this thread with entries & possibly some base templates (which are a must when working in a short timeframe).

One Hour Game Jam happens every Sat at 20:00 UTC, usually with a stream by Ludum Dare pixelart legend Bitslap (& brothers) afterwards where they laugh at how bug-ridden the entries are:

It's great fun & I'm finding it a useful exercise in focus & productivity (even though I can never finish in the hour), plus some good ideas come out of it. C2 is of course the ideal tool for rapid prototyping, & after recommending it to a few people in the chat I thought I'd post the source of my better entries. I've given them a quick cleanup & added comments about my thought process as well as the code itself.

Platforms of the Dead (theme: Horror)

Playable link:

Source:

music from:

Shadowlight (theme: Light)

Playable link:

Source:

uses Polygon plugin by Yann:

Explodorama (theme: Dynamite)

Playable link:

Source:

Stealth Chess (theme: Chess)

Playable link:

Source:

Moiré (theme: Grids)

Playable link:

Source:

• Where can I find out how to join teams? Do you need to attend in person (didn't see too much info on the site)

• No it's just an online thing that started out from the ludum dare irc chat. The irc channel for the jam is: irc.afternet.org/1hgj

Here's what the channel's bot has to say about it:

[quote:pjrljt9e]1 hour game jam takes place every Saturday at 20:00 UTC ( ).

At the start of the hour, I announce a random theme. You then have about an hour (we give you some flexibility) to submit a link to your game at . You are free to use premade assets but it is recommended that you do make atleast one game from scratch.

Then at about 21:30 UTC the bitslap brothers will stream themselves playing each of the games at

• Halloween 1HGJ:

Platforms of the Dead (theme: Horror)

Playable link:

Source:

music from:

• Shadowlight interesting. I like it. And nice capx samples, thanks for sharing.

• Construct 3

Buy Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Buy Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • THX for sharing looking forward to play your games

• You're a hero! Thank you for sharing this. As a beginner, this could really be a great resource for me. Really liked Platforms of the Dead!

• heyguy Thanks I've done a lot more 1hgj's in the last year, so if you see any of my entries on the site that you want a capx for then let me know.

(click on authors in the sidebar to find them all)

• Thanks for providing us your sources! Creative ideas are always great

By the way, do you know Jams, where the topic "low poly" is commonly used? I know what jams are, but not really where I can find them (beside stupidly googling them ;D ).

• Proxymity you could try & you can enter anything for 1HGJ, even if it doesn't fit the theme, then watch it get played on the twitch stream afterwards.

• mattb

Well, thats exactly what I needed! Thanks!

• Excellent projects, someone will be continued?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)