I have seen a lot of questions about Local Storage and although I am relatively new to C2, I thought I would offer this capx to demonstrate the basic use of the Local Storage plug-in. It is a simple game where you have 3 students. You push their corresponding button to move them through the school system until they graduate. You can exit at any time, go back in, and see where you left off. A couple notes:
- I also used a dictionary to show how the 2 can be used together. (I personally would also use some global variables for clarity, but thought this was leaner and maybe easier to follow. I was not trying to write perfect code.)
- I added a "Clear" button so you can start over.
- I also used an array to save grade information as I thought this might help some beginners as well.
- Lastly, I added a text field to show last button pushed just to mix up the types of data stored in the dictionary and local storage.
- The default preview is set to Chrome.
Hope this helps some of you .