Image size export to html5

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
220 Food Sprites in 16x16 pixel size. Perfect for items for a retro style game.
  • Hi,

I created a game with 2048x1536 resolution to cover most of the screen size. I have a problem when I export the game in html5, I can not resize the images (sprite) at a fixed resolution of 800x600.

What should I do, create a new version of the game with smaller images to fit the new size of 800x600?

Thanks a lot,

Ivan.

• Hi Ivan,

Making two versions of the same game is usually quite counter-productive. What problem are you having with resizing your images?

It can be a bit of a balancing act, but for our projects we generally tend to make images at the highest resolution we can. We have several works in progress, and they all seem to look okay on both PC and mobile devices!

Of course you have to take into account project file size, and memory use (hence the balancing act). We've found that creating images somewhere between the largest and smallest screen sizes available to the end project, usually works quite well.

Anyway good luck, hope that helps :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi Blacksmith,

I tried in different ways but without success, I decided to create two different versions, one in 2048x1536px and the other for the web to 800x60px.

Thanks for the reply,

Ivan.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)