"Your Game" vs Pokemon Go ...

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Hi !

Is anyone of you guys planning on releasing their game soon ? How do you think the "explosion" that is pokemon go , is going to affect your release . Personally i was planning to release my game in few weeks but in the same time PGo will officially release in my country (actually almost everyone is already playing it from unofficial apk-s ) . So i have the fear that no one will ever care about my game no matter how confident i am about its quality ...

Anyone else has had previous experiences trying to release their game in the same time a "Hit videogame" gets released , and how did you cope with the situation ?

Thanks !!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It's not. We are in a completely different genre with a very different player base.

• You start using keyphrases like "Available offline", or " Does not require you to get off your ass".

• You start using keyphrases like "Available offline", or " Does not require you to get off your ass".

something to keep in mind !!

• It's not. We are in a completely different genre with a very different player base.

Makes total sense what you say , now that i see it that way it even seems pretentious to worry about that at all ... but hey , who knows !

• No, it is true. We are building a hardcore strategy game. Pokemon GO is a light hearted real world exploration overlay collection game. The two genres have very few players overlapping, I would imagine. Our game lends itself to egotistical control freaks, while Pokemon GO lends itself to social lost souls.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)