What happens if i got greenlit?

0 favourites
  • Thank you very much, you helped me out a lot.

That's all I need for now, best wishes for your future projects!

No problem, glad I could be of assistance. Thank you

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Anonnymitet Thank you do much for answering, you saved my life! If there anything i can do to help then let me know

• Anonnymitet what did you do to get the traffic to your game once it was off the front page?

• Anonnymitet what did you do to get the traffic to your game once it was off the front page?

I didn't do much. Shortly after leaving the first page the visitor count almost dropped to 0 after having very high traffic and great yes ratio so I just accepted it and kept working on the game and thought I would try to promote it later. But a few days later I got a message that the game was greenlit from nowhere.

So I think I just got lucky. But I know there are tons of articles on what you can do to get your game greenlit so I would suggest looking into those instead as I'm far from a promotional guru

• Anonnymitet thank you so much for that information that's pretty much put all the uncertainties I had to rest

• Anonnymitet thank you so much for that information that's pretty much put all the uncertainties I had to rest

Glad to hear that and if you have any other specific questions you know where to find me. Best of luck with your project

• Anonnymitet Thankyou, I was just wondering how well your game has done for you financialy on a scale of 1-10, it's absolutely fine if you don't want to awnser I was just wondering how well steam greenlight games do.

• Anonnymitet Thankyou, I was just wondering how well your game has done for you financialy on a scale of 1-10, it's absolutely fine if you don't want to awnser I was just wondering how well steam greenlight games do.

Can't really talk numbers and hard to put it on a scale. But for a game without any promotion and a small early access game in a nisched genre it has done really good. But greenlight games are different and some do well and others don't. There are many greenlit games that has been released on Steam and almost sold nothing so publishing a game on Steam is far from a guarantee of success.

But I'm happy that my first game I've made sells as good as it does even though it is in early access in a nisched genre. And it will hopefully sell alot more when the promotion starts after the full release. The game is also ready to be published on xbox one which is a more suitable platform for this type of game.

So we'll see what happens in the future. But my skills has improved alot since I started this game so I know that my next game will be so much better so I'm excited to finish this one and start the next project x)

• Thanks for that, good luck with releasing it and putting it on Xbox One, I look forward to playing it there

• Hey it's me again, just a short question.

Does Greenlight have a system against multiple submissions?

An example case would be:

1. Release game on Greenlight

2. See it has next to no votes

3. Pull game from Greenlight

4. Post the same game again

5. Repeat until Greenlit

I'd personally think not but I haven't published any game yet because I don't feel good with releasing WIP content.

However if this would be possible, I'll predict that a lot of users would abuse the system.

• TheRealDannyyy

I don't think there are any rules against re-submitting and there have been cases where people have done that, but usually after a bit of re-development or improvement based on the feedback they got, since re-submitting without change isn't likely to get you any more votes or closer to being greenlit.

An alternative would be to post in the Concepts section, which is specifically for games in early stages with WIP content, and allows you to get feedback on what you need to improve to get votes/make the game great.

• TheRealDannyyy

I don't think there are any rules against re-submitting and there have been cases where people have done that, but usually after a bit of re-development or improvement based on the feedback they got, since re-submitting without change isn't likely to get you any more votes or closer to being greenlit.

An alternative would be to post in the Concepts section, which is specifically for games in early stages with WIP content, and allows you to get feedback on what you need to improve to get votes/make the game great.

That's kinda sad but well I guess you are right about the change in votes.

The concept section could also be helpful in order to see if there is an audience for my game, I might use that in near future.

Thanks for the quick response and the helpful information!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)