Need clarification on CocoonJS TOUs

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • Hi there!

I know a better place might be to ask Ludei directly, but it's always good to have a 3rd party opinion.

I just read the Terms of Use for CocoonJS and stumbled upon these section:

[quote:a0tijwfr]License Grant. By uploading User Content via the Services, you expressly grant, and you represent and warrant that you have a right to grant, and do so grant, to Ludei, a royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, list information regarding, edit, translate, and make derivative works of all such User Content and your name, voice, and/or likeness as contained in your User Content, if applicable, in whole or in part, and in any form, media or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, solely for use in connection with the Services. The foregoing provision does not apply to any User Content you upload, or any part thereof, that constitutes Ludei Marketing Materials as defined below. Ludei owns and reserves all right, title, and interest in Ludei Marketing Materials.

By posting User Content to the Website, you expressly grant, and you represent and warrant that you have a right to grant, and do so grant, to Ludei a royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable, perpetual (for the duration of the applicable right), non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, list information regarding, edit, translate, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, and make derivative works of all such User Content and your name, voice, and/or likeness as contained in your User Content, if applicable, in whole or in part, and in any form, media or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, solely for use in connection with the Services. The foregoing provision does not apply to any User Content you post, or any part thereof, that constitutes Ludei Marketing Materials as defined below. Ludei owns and reserves all right, title, and interest in Ludei Marketing Materials. If you delete User Content from the Website, we will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that due to caching or references to the User Content, the User Content may remain available.

my scenario will be something like this:

• creating HTML5 game with Construct 2
    • optimize for iOS
    • upload to CocoonJS
    • upload to AppStore

Since I'm not an english native speaker and kind of a beginner in terms of law and stuff I would like to ask this community here if I have to worry about my games if I upload them to CocoonJS, that they might just steal them and totally get away with it, because of these TOUs?

If I'm totally wrong, can someone please explain this part of the TOUs to me? =)

help would be much appreciated!

greetings

genbatzu

• "The foregoing provision does not apply to any User Content you upload"

They just want to share that:

1. You used their services

2. What user info you give them

3. To be able to quote you from their site

...and stuff like them to help their marketing.

it does not apply to any User Content you upload which would be your game.

Feel better?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Feel better?

yes! thank you for the explanation

• Hi there!

I know a better place might be to ask Ludei directly, but it's always good to have a 3rd party opinion.

I just read the for CocoonJS and stumbled upon these section:

[quote:3mmchfho]License Grant. By uploading User Content via the Services, you expressly grant, and you represent and warrant that you have a right to grant, and do so grant, to Ludei, a royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, list information regarding, edit, translate, and make derivative works of all such User Content and your name, voice, and/or likeness as contained in your User Content, if applicable, in whole or in part, and in any form, media or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, solely for use in connection with the Services. The foregoing provision does not apply to any User Content you upload, or any part thereof, that constitutes Ludei Marketing Materials as defined below. Ludei owns and reserves all right, title, and interest in Ludei Marketing Materials.

By posting User Content to the Website, you expressly grant, and you represent and warrant that you have a right to grant, and do so grant, to Ludei a royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable, perpetual (for the duration of the applicable right), non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, list information regarding, edit, translate, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, and make derivative works of all such User Content and your name, voice, and/or likeness as contained in your User Content, if applicable, in whole or in part, and in any form, media or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, solely for use in connection with the Services. The foregoing provision does not apply to any User Content you post, or any part thereof, that constitutes Ludei Marketing Materials as defined below. Ludei owns and reserves all right, title, and interest in Ludei Marketing Materials. If you delete User Content from the Website, we will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that due to caching or references to the User Content, the User Content may remain available.

my scenario will be something like this:

• creating HTML5 game with Construct 2
    • optimize for iOS
    • upload to CocoonJS
    • upload to AppStore

Since I'm not an english native speaker and kind of a beginner in terms of law and stuff I would like to ask this community here if I have to worry about my games if I upload them to CocoonJS, that they might just steal them and totally get away with it, because of these TOUs?

If I'm totally wrong, can someone please explain this part of the TOUs to me? =)

help would be much appreciated!

greetings

genbatzu

Great, this info was really helpful!

genbatzu I plan to do the same thing, maybe we chat about it and see if we can collaborate!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)