I Don't know what to do with my HTML5 game...

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Tap the ball, control it, avoid touching spikes and score higher!
  • 54 views, and some from high quality buyers is actually pretty good for HTML5 games. At this point, there aren't as many companies buying large amounts of HTML5 games, but it's growing. That's why I suggested maybe taking part in our promo to get things started and get some money in your pocket. Outside of the GameShop, it gives us access to more actively shop your game.

Hi matt,

I've actually never understood well that promo... The only part I understand is that you pay till $200 if devs submit an html5 implementing your api.

• SabinX

Did you use a wrapper like cocoonjs or phonegap when testing it? Or did you test it directly from the browser of your phone? You need to test using a phones mobile browser. You can also estimate how well the game will do using construct 2's debugger.

How to test performance using debugger:

On construct 2 there's a button near the "run layout" button called "Debug Layout", Press that and see how much percentage (%) of cpu your using up with your computer. You generally want under 30% of cpu usage for sponsors. For best performance I would say to aim around 0%-30% cpu usage. I'm not to sure about 78.8mb but personally I would aim lower then that and It's definitely possible with the game you have showcased. Some image compression would probably help.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > 54 views, and some from high quality buyers is actually pretty good for HTML5 games. At this point, there aren't as many companies buying large amounts of HTML5 games, but it's growing. That's why I suggested maybe taking part in our promo to get things started and get some money in your pocket. Outside of the GameShop, it gives us access to more actively shop your game.

>

Hi matt,

I've actually never understood well that promo... The only part I understand is that you pay till $200 if devs submit an html5 implementing your api.

Hi there,

We're paying up to $200 (based on how much of the API is implemented) in advance if you implement the API, yes. Have you had a chance to look over the promo page or the API documentation? It's super easy. Since I don't have the rep here yet, I can't post a link, but if you check the other post in this forum, a kind person has linked to the actual promotion. If you have further questions, please ask them there, or simply PM me or email me. It's matt@ (you know the rest)

• >

> > 54 views, and some from high quality buyers is actually pretty good for HTML5 games. At this point, there aren't as many companies buying large amounts of HTML5 games, but it's growing. That's why I suggested maybe taking part in our promo to get things started and get some money in your pocket. Outside of the GameShop, it gives us access to more actively shop your game.

> >

> Hi matt,

>

> I've actually never understood well that promo... The only part I understand is that you pay till $200 if devs submit an html5 implementing your api.

>

Hi there,

We're paying up to $200 (based on how much of the API is implemented) in advance if you implement the API, yes. Have you had a chance to look over the promo page or the API documentation? It's super easy. Since I don't have the rep here yet, I can't post a link, but if you check the other post in this forum, a kind person has linked to the actual promotion. If you have further questions, please ask them there, or simply PM me or email me. It's matt@ (you know the rest)

I just read all the thread about the promo and now I could understand better about what you do with the games submitted. Tomorrow I'll implement the SDK to submit the game =)

I've got only one doubt left... Do I have to take my game out from the GameShop to submit it to this new service? I read it's like a new GameShop for HTML5 where you're gonna publish the game to amazon and other appstore and besides you're gonna offer the game for non-exclusive licenses, so that sounds like the normal GameShop shouldn't be used for HTML5 games now. Am I wrong?

• SabinX

It might be easier to ask questions by contacting matt@fgl.com directly, since fgl representatives are slightly restricted on this forum due to rep.

FGLmatt

Since fgl is pretty much a publisher now and construct users use your services, you should try contacting Ashley or Tom to remove restrictions for your account, I think they would do it since fgl provides services to html5 users (which includes construct users as well).

If anyone's interested, here's just a repeat of a previous post by Matt, the link to fgl's html5 opportunity can be found here:

https://www.fgl.com/other/html5opportunities/

• I've got only one doubt left... Do I have to take my game out from the GameShop to submit it to this new service? I read it's like a new GameShop for HTML5 where you're gonna publish the game to amazon and other appstore and besides you're gonna offer the game for non-exclusive licenses, so that sounds like the normal GameShop shouldn't be used for HTML5 games now. Am I wrong?

No, you don't. We encourage you to keep it in the GameShop for the time being. We currently don't have a way for publishers seeking to license games to view our mobile platform catalog, so we refer them to the GameShop. We're actually working on something really exciting to help with that, and make buying non-exclusive licenses of HTML5 incredibly easy for publishers.

...you should try contacting Ashley or Tom to remove restrictions for your account, I think they would do it since fgl provides services to html5 users (which includes construct users as well).

Good idea, I'll try

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)