Exporting to Intel XDK gets black screen

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Adjusting the game screen for different resolutions (Letterbox scale)
  • I'm trying to export my project to Intel xdk but all i get is a black screen, this are the steps i take:

1 - Export project to cordova with default configurations, the only thing i change is the directoy. 2 - Open Intel XDK(3759) and import the project, then i go to the simulator and run it: black screen. 3 - Tried building the app and downloading, uploading to the BlueStacks and: black screen(but in the BS i can see the splash screen)

When i export it to the html 5 it works fine through apache server, then i tried to import this html 5 project to xdk and still black screen, then i tried to upgrade the project to cordova and still: black screen, very frustrating.

The app is very simple since it is only for testing, i only use buttons, texts, lists and local storage. Can someone help me here?

• Ahhh yes. The horrors of XDK.

Try selecting the projects tab THEN close XDK. When you re-open, then you can switch to the XDK emulation screen then it SHOULD start playing the game now.

Be sure not to close XDK while the emulation screen is active otherwise you would have to close an re-open again.

• I had a similar issue. In my case it was because y had used UTF-8 characters (such as Ä, É, Ñ, etc.), so make sure your project files only use ASCII characters (these are the characters you use when you write in English).

• [quote:129h8s4i]

Ahhh yes. The horrors of XDK.

Try selecting the projects tab THEN close XDK. When you re-open, then you can switch to the XDK emulation screen then it SHOULD start playing the game now.

Be sure not to close XDK while the emulation screen is active otherwise you would have to close an re-open again.

Tried it:

1 - Open the simulate: black screen. 2 - Go to the project tab and close the XDK. 3 - Re-open and still black screen.

[quote:129h8s4i]

I had a similar issue. In my case it was because y had used UTF-8 characters (such as Ä, É, Ñ, etc.), so make sure your project files only use ASCII characters (these are the characters you use when you write in English).

I'm not using non-ascii characters

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Intel XDK, Samsung s3 mini, Android 4.1.2 - black screen

• New solution found here:

• My Intel XDK don't have a inappbrowser plugin version 1.61, only 1.5.0 and still won't work, i tried debuggind the app in the SIMULATE tab and got some errors:

Uncaught module cordova-plugin-file.File already defined cordova.js:79
    Uncaught module cordova-plugin-file.DirectoryEntry already defined cordova.js:79
    Uncaught module cordova-plugin-file.DirectoryReader already defined cordova.js:79
    Uncaught module cordova-plugin-file.Entry already defined cordova.js:79
    Uncaught module cordova-plugin-file.FileError already defined cordova.js:79
    Uncaught module cordova-plugin-file.FileReader already defined cordova.js:79
    Uncaught module cordova-plugin-file.FileEntry already defined cordova.js:79
    Uncaught module cordova-plugin-file.FileSystem already defined cordova.js:79
    Uncaught module cordova-plugin-file.FileUploadResult already defined cordova.js:79
    Uncaught module cordova-plugin-file.FileUploadOptions already defined cordova.js:79
    Uncaught module cordova-plugin-file.FileWriter already defined cordova.js:79
    Uncaught module cordova-plugin-file.Metadata already defined cordova.js:79
    Uncaught module cordova-plugin-file.ProgressEvent already defined cordova.js:79
    Uncaught module cordova-plugin-file.fileSystems already defined cordova.js:79
    Uncaught module cordova-plugin-file.LocalFileSystem already defined cordova.js:79
    Uncaught module cordova-plugin-file.Flags already defined cordova.js:79
    Uncaught module cordova-plugin-file.requestFileSystem already defined cordova.js:79
    Uncaught module cordova-plugin-httpd.CorHttpd already defined cordova.js:79
    Uncaught module cordova-plugin-file.resolveLocalFileSystemURI already defined cordova.js:79
    Uncaught module cordova-plugin-file.androidFileSystem already defined cordova.js:79
    Uncaught module cordova-plugin-file.fileSystems-roots already defined cordova.js:79
    Uncaught module cordova-plugin-file.isChrome already defined cordova.js:79
    Uncaught module cordova-plugin-file.fileSystemPaths already defined cordova.js:79
    Uncaught module cordova-plugin-splashscreen.SplashScreen already defined cordova.js:79
    Uncaught module cordova-plugin-statusbar.statusbar already defined cordova.js:79
    Uncaught module cordova-plugin-inappbrowser.inappbrowser already defined cordova.js:79
    Uncaught module cordova-plugin-device.device already defined cordova.js:79
    Uncaught module cordova-plugin-ad-admob.admob already defined cordova.js:79
    Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'dg' of null 
    [/code:kl1c3gvu]

Seems like the cordova are being included twice, but the last error? it is from this file: [b][i]c2runtime.js[/i][/b].

Some useful information is that: using an older version of the xdk(in my friend pc, don't remember the version(i'll update it here)) i could simulate and generate the apk just fine(WITH THE SAME PROJECT), i don't know why i can't dot it with the newer version, i i'll try it in my computer now.
  • I found the solution: Since my computer is very old(from 2010 or 2009) and i only have ogl 2.0, and it seems like i also don't have support for webgl, i turned it off in the project properties and now the game screen is fine(not black anymore), but i still have another problem: the ads won't show! but this is for another post(i hope i find the solution earlier)

Thanks all for the help and attention.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)