Black Screen on CocoonJS / Cordova export for IOS

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Adjusting the game screen for different resolutions (Letterbox scale)
  • Hi Dev's,

The sample Ive been using during my investigation is the Flappy bird example from Construct as I needed to make sure my development was not the issue - though I admit I have to re-write it as i should of used families so have made it more complex then needed so not good to test with.

You can gain access to the build files at https://www.dropbox.com/s/bo0juhoiwqgjthq/Flappy.zip?dl=0 This is using standard construct process.

I have found that for Android specifically the Cordova export appears to work OK from android 5.0 upwards on Nexus - though sometimes it fails but lower versions on devices like samsung or nexus or same/higher versions on non nexus devices still have the same issue.

When using ludei or Phone gap I cant get it to work at all via Android or OS; I had made contact with intel xdk dev's as this issue is not just apparent with ludei and we looked at it for a couple of weeks but they could not find anything on there side that would cause this "How true is this i don't know".

One of the dev's pointed me in the direction of GDevelop to check there example and export to see if I had the same issue and sad to say when I executed the builds out to ludei, phone gap or intel it worked one the OS devices i have as well as Genymotion for different versions of Android.

So in saying that i may have nothing to do with ludei or others it may be an engine output from Construct that is causing this.

Please let me know anything I can do to assist.

Thanks

Mitch

• ludei here is the test case

Compiler Version : 2.1.1

· Other browsers tested: Chrome

· Device info: iPhone 5

· Component:

· Basic description of the problem

Black screen after the splash screen

· What steps will reproduce the problem?

1. Retina 4-inch support Missing. Default 568h@2x.png launch image"

I fixed the first error by dragging and dropping the asset image to the launch image folder

Step two "Info.plist Utility warning. User supplied UIDeviceFamily key in the info.plist will be overwritten. Please use the build setting TARGETEDDEVICEFAMILY and remove UIDeviceFamily from your Info.plist."

Fixed this too, turned out all I have to do was just to remove the UIDeviceFamily from the build tab

· What is the expected result?

I thought when I fixed both the issue and the xCode doesn't show any more of these two errors, the app will launch like how its suppose to run using the preview over wi-fi

· What happens instead?

Still showing black screen.

· Links to downloadable files:

CAPX File : https://www.dropbox.com/s/zpg4tqvk5m23w ... aproj?dl=0

.xcodeproj original file : http://bit.ly/1AED8pO

Not sure where could the problem be, either the .xcodeproj file or in the .capx file

• mitchellfranklin if it is really the engine output from Construct 2, I really hope they will get to the bottom of this. It's been days since I am stuck here and I've made so much time investment researching, learning to make this game work. The game completion progress is at 80% now and yet I still can't get it to run on my testing device, despite the fact that I've recompiled the file using Ludei many times and also using IntelXDK many times.

• ludei here is the test case

Compiler Version : 2.1.1

· Other browsers tested: Chrome

· Device info: iPhone 5

· Component:

· Basic description of the problem

Black screen after the splash screen

· What steps will reproduce the problem?

1. Retina 4-inch support Missing. Default 568h@2x.png launch image"

I fixed the first error by dragging and dropping the asset image to the launch image folder

Step two "Info.plist Utility warning. User supplied UIDeviceFamily key in the info.plist will be overwritten. Please use the build setting TARGETEDDEVICEFAMILY and remove UIDeviceFamily from your Info.plist."

Fixed this too, turned out all I have to do was just to remove the UIDeviceFamily from the build tab

· What is the expected result?

I thought when I fixed both the issue and the xCode doesn't show any more of these two errors, the app will launch like how its suppose to run using the preview over wi-fi

· What happens instead?

Still showing black screen.

· Links to downloadable files:

CAPX File : https://www.dropbox.com/s/zpg4tqvk5m23w ... aproj?dl=0

.xcodeproj original file : http://bit.ly/1AED8pO

Not sure where could the problem be, either the .xcodeproj file or in the .capx file

Hello,

But the project at the cloud was a Cordova project?

Last time I checked the log, there was an error saying the "cordova.js" file was not found.

• ludei hi, yes, the project was exported as a cordova project....

• Yes, I know .

I meant the project at the cloud. When creating a project, you can decide if it is a normal project or a Cordova based project.

In any case, we expect to release the beta around next week.

Cheers

• ludei I chosed "cocoonJS" project should I choose "Cordova" project instead?

• Hello,

Yes, that's it. However, it is not possible to use Canvas+ at the cloud if you use a Cordova project.

However, as I said, we are about to release a new cloud compiler in beta. If you want to use cordova plugins, Canvas+ and C2 cordova exporter, this beta is the best option you have.

Regards

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • FYI: The beta is alive .

Cheers

• I am also facing black screen everytime i export this with cordova , and believe me I have given up the cordova for IOS. Cordova is good for android corsswalk but i guess for IOS its worse. If anyone has a solution why black screen appears please let us know..

• You exported it for cordova and then how did you create the project?

In any case, we launcher the beta on Tuesday. Request an invitation here: https://cocoon.io/

I am sure you won't have so many problems on this one.

Cheers

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)