[RESOLVED] Publisher Issue

0 favourites
  • What gamecorpstudio described with embedding Newgrounds games has actually happened to me, just on some other portal.

In fact I was looking at Gamedistribution's sdk as a possible solution for unofficial embeds by having integrated advertising.

But there's not much information on how its all supposed to work, and since they seem to want to be part of the distribution process, I find it a little iffy.

• I think they supposedly pay developers 33%, publishers 33% and keep 33% themselves. As you can see though my first impressions of this company are very bad.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • What gamecorpstudio described with embedding Newgrounds games has actually happened to me, just on some other portal.

In fact I was looking at Gamedistribution's sdk as a possible solution for unofficial embeds by having integrated advertising.

But there's not much information on how its all supposed to work, and since they seem to want to be part of the distribution process, I find it a little iffy.

i found the following links to get an idea of what their using for their ads, however the most important part is the decompiler. without it you can't embed your own ads in a game. you could overlay like i mentioned above your CMS ads over the game area like kongregate does. but that will be bad for user gameplay if you trigger the ads mid gameplay.

://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/@orange-games/phaser-ads@2.2/build/phaser-ads.min.js << ://phaser.io/
    ://imasdk.googleapis.com/js/sdkloader/ima3.js << this is for google tracking ads. ://developers.google.com/interactive-media-ads/docs/sdks/html5/
    most important one was the decompiler to turn the flash into html5 automatically, which from coding perspective is some awesome tool. that can be found above.
    [/code:2hjp9tb4]
    you can use
    [code:2hjp9tb4]http://jsbeautifier.org/[/code:2hjp9tb4]
    to make the js readable
  • Update: Since making this post GameDistribution.com have reached out to me and we're working to find a fair solution so this story may have a happy ending.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)