[plugin] jsZip

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Great plugin, however I have some problems, that I hope you can help me with.

I try to add an image to the archive, but cant seem to make it work.

The archive gets created but is empty, is there are way to add files to the archives that are already on the disk? I have tried some of the others like add file, both binary and the base64, but with no luck.

Is what im trying to do possible or ain't I suppose to use Add image like that?

Thanks

• is there any way to read text from password protect zip (if i know password)

or read text from encrypt zip?

Noncentz705

• jabedbd I don't think the jszip library supports those options

nimos I've updated the examples, check #6.

• Cheers Noncentz it seems to work now, most excellent

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I seem to have encountered another problem.

Everything seemed to worked fine, I was adding a lot of small files to the archive, but when I tried adding some larger files (60 mb and 180 mb) it seems to stall and eventually the program closes without any error message or anything.

Since the amount of files I need to add to the archive is unknown and of unknown sizes when Its created, I use lists to hold the different path to the files that it needs to add and when a file have been added I remove it from the list, which works fine with small files, but with the big files it doesn't.

Was wondering if you have experience this problem or know how to solve it as im not sure what to do, when the program just closes and works fine with the small files?

Is there a way to make the archive wait adding new files until the current one is completed? Or test whether a file was successful added, there is the action called "Archive has file", but guess that is only useful if I have actually saved the archive to the disk, but it closes before I can invoke download?

• nimos From what I've read the library doesn't handle large files very well due to memory implications. I'd suggest using multiple archives as a possible work around for now. When you're adding new files it can bog, since everything synchronous. If it hangs for you, maybe you could wait a tick or two after adding each file.

• nimos From what I've read the library doesn't handle large files very well due to memory implications. I'd suggest using multiple archives as a possible work around for now. When you're adding new files it can bog, since everything synchronous. If it hangs for you, maybe you could wait a tick or two after adding each file.

That's a shame, the problem is not really the amount of archives, because even if I add only 1 large file (60+ mb not sure what the limit is) it will end up closing the program, I have already tried to give it time to archive the file, but doesn't make any difference.

As mentioned earlier I don't know before hand the file sizes or amount of files needed to be archived as these are added by the one using the program, so files can be anything from a few KB to GB. So its more or less a "Do or die" situation, if it can't handle all file sizes, it of course will cause the program to crash at some point and therefore not a valid solution.

But ill keep an eye on it, as I think its a really cool plugin you have made and hopefully someone will fix the library so it can handle large files.

• nimos using filechooser, you're able to get the size of a file before ajaxing and adding it to the archive. This might help you avoid adding larger files and know when it's time to separate your assets. Wish I had a better answer for you.

• Hello, looks like the addon file is not anymore accessible, please do someone have it and is able to reupload it? Thanks in advance!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)