[Plugin] jcw_trace (raycast)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Is it possible to determine the first hit? I need to add special visualization for the first hit.

• Is it possible to determine the first hit? I need to add special visualization for the first hit.

Not sure what you mean? The HitX and HitY are the first hit. It ignores anything that isn't the first hit.

• This is a great plugin, thank you for making it. However, it appears that it requires the solid behavior to function - I don't suppose it's possible to make it bounce off an object without that?

• Arima, you can set Custom obstacles in the properties list and then add objects to trigger hit returns on start of layout. This really is a magic plugin...

• Ah, totally missed that. Thanks,

• >

> I found that the error only occurs in Internet Explorer 11.

> In Chrome it works well.

>

That... actually helps. I re-created the error, and now see it in English.

[quote:vvyghmgk]

Javascript error!

Object doesn't support property or method 'sign'

Apparently Internet Explorer doesn't support Math.sign(). At all. This is the kind of thing that makes web developers hate IE.

This is from MSDN:

[quote:vvyghmgk]

Supported in Microsoft Edge (Edge browser). Also supported in Store apps (Microsoft Edge on Windows 10). See Version Information.

Not supported in the following document modes: Quirks, Internet Explorer 6 standards, Internet Explorer 7 standards, Internet Explorer 8 standards, Internet Explorer 9 standards, Internet Explorer 10 standards, Internet Explorer 11 standards. Not supported in Windows 8.1.

I'm not really sure what I'm gonna do about that. I'm leaning heavily towards "screw Microsoft and their non-standards-compliant browser".

Hello! I again have the same error but this time it is in Android 4.2.2.

Chrome Version: 31.0.1650.59

Can you do something about it for compatibility?

• -quote snip-

Hello! I again have the same error but this time it is in Android 4.2.2.

Chrome Version: 31.0.1650.59

Can you do something about it for compatibility?

-image snip-

I've updated the plugin with a fallback implementation of Math.sign from here:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... /Math/sign

I tested Internet Explorer very briefly, and it appears to work. It will probably also work on that outdated chrome for android, too. Download link is the same Dropbox link as always.

• What does Trace.HitFrac return please?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > -quote snip-

>

> Hello! I again have the same error but this time it is in Android 4.2.2.

>

> Chrome Version: 31.0.1650.59

>

> Can you do something about it for compatibility?

>

> -image snip-

>

I've updated the plugin with a fallback implementation of Math.sign from here:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... /Math/sign

I tested Internet Explorer very briefly, and it appears to work. It will probably also work on that outdated chrome for android, too. Download link is the same Dropbox link as always.

Hi, thanks for the update !.

I installed the new version and suddenly now I have this error when I open my project.

This error did not exist before, will it be due to the update of the plugin ?.

• >

> > -quote snip-

> >

> > Hello! I again have the same error but this time it is in Android 4.2.2.

> >

> > Chrome Version: 31.0.1650.59

> >

> > Can you do something about it for compatibility?

> >

> > -image snip-

> >

>

> I've updated the plugin with a fallback implementation of Math.sign from here:

> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... /Math/sign

>

> I tested Internet Explorer very briefly, and it appears to work. It will probably also work on that outdated chrome for android, too. Download link is the same Dropbox link as always.

>

Hi, thanks for the update !.

I installed the new version and suddenly now I have this error when I open my project.

This error did not exist before, will it be due to the update of the plugin ?.

-image snip-

I highly doubt that this is related to updating my plugin, as I didn't change the edittime.js file at all. The only way I could see an editor bug being related is if you had previously modified my plugin's edittime.js (maybe to un-comment the incomplete "Trace Box" action), since re-installing it would undo those changes.

• Johncw87

I'm not sure I understand you correctly but I will say that I have not modified the plugin at all!

Should I reinstall C2 ?.

• Johncw87

I'm not sure I understand you correctly but I will say that I have not modified the plugin at all!

Should I reinstall C2 ?.

If you install a release build instead of a beta build, the error message will probably go away, but the error itself may still be there. It would appear that somewhere in your project, you have an object with an invalid property. My guess is that the property would normally be assigned by a combobox, but the saved value doesn't match any of the possible values. Proper investigation of this error would require examining your project xml and layout xml files.

• > Johncw87

>

> I'm not sure I understand you correctly but I will say that I have not modified the plugin at all!

>

> Should I reinstall C2 ?.

>

If you install a release build instead of a beta build, the error message will probably go away, but the error itself may still be there. It would appear that somewhere in your project, you have an object with an invalid property. My guess is that the property would normally be assigned by a combobox, but the saved value doesn't match any of the possible values. Proper investigation of this error would require examining your project xml and layout xml files.

Exactly, that's what happens.

I added a capx here

It is not due to the plugin

• What does Trace.HitFrac return please?

HitFrac is the percentage of the distance covered by the trace line where the hit took place. So, if I start a trace at (0, 0), ended it at (4, 0), and an object's side was at (2, 0), HitFrac would be 0.5, because the hit was halfway between the start and end points. If the object's side was at (1, 0), the HitFrac would be 0.25, and if the object's side was at (3, 0), HitFrac would be 0.75

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)